We are excited to offer the position of Footwear Designer Performance Tennis within our Performance design team. As Performance Tennis Designer, you will be focusing on creating specific products geared towards our top athletes in the field. These pinnacle concepts need to compete at the top of the sports, requiring deep insights into sports science, consumer research and are based on uncompromised construction.
- Be an integral part of our Performance Footwear team and push the boundaries of On's pinnacle performance footwear
- Own your projects from design concepts through to final delivery
- Collaborate closely with our world-class athletes to gain relevant data and performance insights
- Develop new concepts, mock-ups, visuals, 2D and 3D files for new projects
- Collaborate with our Zurich and Vietnam based development teams on creating functional and performance-driven products
- You hold a bachelor or master's degree in product/industrial design
- Approximately 5 years of Industrial or Footwear Design at a relevant brand
- You have an innovative mind with a strong drive to push the boundaries of footwear design
- Strong interest for performance footwear and athletes data
- A connection to sports and the ability to translate this into products
- Deep knowledge in advanced footwear materials and manufacturing processes in the field of team/racket sports
- You have excellent 2D software skills (Adobe CS) and 3D software skills
- You have good sketching and mock-up skills
- You have a structured mind, excellent communication, and presentation skills
- You are able to work in a fast-moving environment and handle several projects and seasons at a time
- Readiness to travel with/to our Athletes extensively
- You have a strong interest in working with cross-functional teams - materials, innovation, product managers, designers
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
Meet The Team
You will work in the On Design Studio within an international team, shaping the future of On's Tennis product line up. As part of the cross-functional Athletes Team, you will collaborate within a multidisciplinary team of developers, product and athlete managers, material and innovation specialists, sport scientists & engineers.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.