This is your opportunity to become part of the worlds' fastest growing sports company. You are responsible for managing lab accreditation to ensure experiments and analyses are conducted per On's scientific standards. As an important member of the Research & Development Team, you will be based in Ho Chi Minh City with frequent travel within Asia.
- Coach and supervise lab team/staff in the performance of their daily testing routines. Assign individual responsibilities to all lab team members. Track workload of lab technicians and testing turnaround time
- Supervise lab team in creating new test methods for different verticals based on actual usage of the product for that vertical, and testing of new material standards that are developed at Zurich along with input from the Vietnam lab team
- Supervise On's testing specifications: modify standards based on testing and products, create new standards based on innovation materials and processes, adjust test methods and SOPs to better achieve On's quality standards, and ensure to implement right tests for the right product and at the right standard with SATRA
- Checks are routinely run between the Vietnam lab team and Zurich Fit/wear testing team to make sure there is a good correlation between wear results and testing method/standard
- Focus on larger, more global projects to improve our testing processes and to create new test equipment and methods. Also provide technical consulting to the VN development team in terms of testing needs and material selection
- Support IT and Centric team on how to implement Lab testing into a PLM system
- Participate in advanced concept and innovation meetings to provide product-testing support of new materials and designs as well as to gain an early warning of new testing needs that will be required for full-scale production of these new product concepts
- Supervise the lab accreditation for all our existing and future manufacturing partners with SATRA. Supervise the implementation of new SOPs and machines in our factory labs
- Research, evaluate, and recommend investments in technology, equipment, systems, or other assets that will enhance the laboratory's performance. Assess new suppliers and new materials based on their internal test reports and be able to relate their internal test standard to On's
- Manage and plan RSL testing with the Zurich-based sustainability team and our nominated testing partner. Assist the material team in building material palettes and tool boxes for the development team to use
- Track all lab testing at every development stage to make sure all material and full shoe tests are carried out and passed prior to production. Work with the development team on lab reports, analysis and corrective action plans
- At least 10 years' experience in laboratory testing and management in footwear industry
- Experience in managing a lab is a must, either on the factory or brand side
- A good knowledge of product testing and awareness of footwear testing standards
- Ability to follow complex processes and can offer ideas to improve on existing methods of working
- An entrepreneurial and open mindset, an eagerness for differentiation and a natural push for excellence
- Able to travel on a regular basis between HQ in Switzerland and On's manufacturing partners in Vietnam
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English. Chinese is a plus
Meet The Team
We are responsible for creating innovative products for On. We have a lot of responsibility to try and meet the needs and demands of runners. So we research, design, develop and test lots of ideas scientifically. Only products that pass our rigorous tests ever go to market.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.