TOTEME is looking for a Financial Coordinator to join the team in New York and coordinate our
financial activity in the United States. You will work closely with the operational team in the US as well
as the Finance team in Sweden, will report to the VP of North America, and will work directly with the
Accounting Manager. You will also be involved in the company’s global finance function, which is led
by the CFO and entails collaborating with members of the Finance team as well as weekly meetings,
follow-ups and projects.
We see this role as a bridge between operations in North America and the wider company. Over time,
you will be expected to gain a deep understanding of our day-to-day financial operations in the US and
to develop projects in collaboration with the global team. We expect you to own your tasks and solve
issues while seeking support from colleagues based in the US and Sweden.
- Accounts receivable (AR)
- Manage and oversee the AR account in QuickBooks.
- Upload and book invoices in QuickBooks.
- Liaise with the Logistics team to ensure all invoices are sent/uploaded correctly for all
- Drive the timely collection of payments from all customers, supported by the Wholesale team.
- Coordinate the upload and collection of invoices through Hilldun where applicable.
- Allocate customer payments to QuickBooks and update the balance sheet for AR daily.
- Share regular analysis of aged AR with the Wholesale team, the VP North America, and the CFO.
Accounts payable (AP)
- Oversee AR and invoices that are due, making sure to issue timely payments.
- Collect invoices from suppliers and book/upload invoices into QuickBooks.
- Allocate invoices to the correct account and get them signed off by the responsible manager.
- Book invoice payments in QuickBooks and update the balance sheet for AP daily.
Fill in and coordinate intercompany invoices and payments with the head office in Sweden.
Salaries and expenses
- Coordinate salary payments with the payroll consultant or team.
- Book salaries in QuickBooks.
- Gather expense reports from employees and sign-offs from managers, issue payments, and
book expenses in QuickBooks.
- Oversee all bank transactions, including:
- incoming payments from Wholesale customers.
- incoming payments from payment solutions (PayPal, Shopify, etc.).
- cash deposits from stores.
- outgoing payments to suppliers.
- outgoing payments to personnel.
- outgoing transfers to TOTEME AB.
- Book all bank transactions in QuickBooks.
- Review and pay all bank fees.
- Look into any expenses that should be classified as investments and book accordingly.
- Fill in and coordinate the registration of assets with the head office for correct depreciation.
- Provide any necessary data or material to tax consultants.
- Coordinate the timely payment of due taxes with consultants.
- Supervise the continuous functionality of tax reporting systems.
- Book any due or paid taxes in QuickBooks.
The above are outlined as the role’s main tasks. However, we expect organization, flexibility and
adaptability in reaction to the company’s growing operations and the role’s level of responsibility.
- Proven experience in Finance and Accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with good knowledge of Excel.
- Basic knowledge of QuickBooks and/or Qlik Sense is preferred.
- Hold the right to work in the US.
- Fluent in English.
● Passionate about TOTEME with an understanding of the brand and aesthetic.
● Self-motivated, solution-oriented and hands-on.
● A strong team player with a positive outlook and collaborative approach.
● Eager to learn and share experiences.
● Not afraid to take responsibility or to ask for help.
● Analytical and digital savvy with a data-driven approach.
● Quality-centric with great attention to detail.
This is a full-time position based at TOTEME's New York office with an immediate start. The salary for
the role ranges between 50,000 and 65,000 USD per year plus benefits according to company policy.
Please note that during our vacation period, our response time may be longer than usual, so please be patient with us!
TOTEME stands against any form of discrimination and strives to be an inclusive brand and
workplace. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, sexual orientation,
religion, ethnicity, race, or disability.