The Sr Designer Celebrity Dressing is responsible for developing concepts and designs for celebrity and occasion dressing, also customize those designs to specific needs depending on project briefings and/or stylists/clients requests. Will work under the direction of the VP of Global Womens Design. They will create a collection that can be adapted to different event needs, maintaining the Calvin Klein brand identity. The Sr. Designer will also work directly with celebrities, stylists and collaborators representing the brand on meetings and fittings.
This role will also occasionally provide support to the Women's Apparel Dress team.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- Works with VP of Global Womens Design to develop concepts and styles that align with the brand direction.
- Partners with other designers to ensure synergy in design across line and brand.
- Leads preparation for seasonal presentations and meets all calendar deadlines and milestones.
- Works with Global Concept team to research and produce concept vision
- Leads fittings and works closely with Atelier team on sample execution.
- Seeks innovation through vintage research, market research, fabric innovation and on-line research.
- 10+ years of experience with extensive experience in high end celebrity dressing / dress design
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe experience a must.
- Ability to sketch by hand.
- Drapping a plus
Bachelor's Degree in designSkills:
- Must possess entrepreneurial spirit and positive and hardworking attitude.
- Must be independent and resourceful.
- Ability to represent the Calvin Klein brand and maintain brand identity when working with external partners and collaborators
- Good sense of color is required.
- Textile technical knowledge a must.
- Excellent time management, Strong communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to establish good relationships with key parties and department staff.
- Flexibility to travel.
Pay Range: $140,000 - $155,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH