Stuart Weitzman is a leading luxury accessories brand that is synonymous with strength in femininity. Defined by an energetic, modern and bold attitude, SW is known for its unique approach to melding fashion, function and fit in every silhouette. The brand's focus on creating timeless, effortless shoes and handbags that are engineered to empower women with both confidence and comforthas resonated around the world, as SW is now available in all corners of the globe through an array of websites, boutiques and retail partners.
Stuart Weitzman is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation and inclusivity. POSITION SUMMARY
The Business Director in this position is responsible for identifying, prioritizing and securing new Business Development opportunities in order to accelerate the multi-channel distribution consistent with Stuart Weitzman Brand Strategy.
As a highly analytical, strategic and seasoned individual, to plan and implement real estate strategy for Stuart Weitzman, to provide strategic and effective real estate solutions to accelerate expansion, optimize existing portfolio and create value to overall business. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITEIS/ ACCOUNTABLITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Plan and implement real estate strategy for Stuart Weitzman portfolio of brands in China. Develop and implement the Business Development Plan for Stuart Weitzman China to deliver on business performance, growth and key initiatives.
- Support optimizing the opportunity of existing stores, prioritizing resources to negotiate renewal, expansion and renovation on existing stores become modern luxury store.
- Provide expertise on building independent relationships with brand management, market peers, real estate agents, landlords, etc.
- Influence landlords and department stores to contribute capital and/or marketing launch, VIP program support
- Negotiate business terms according to Stuart Weitzman's requirements, cooperate with legal department on finalizing leases/consignments
- Originate new concepts and innovative market opportunities / trends, new channel of the market, such as travel retail business, wholesale opportunity
- Explore and identify opportunity and priority markets, develop specific plans todrive business performance.
- Work with the President & CEO, Stuart Weitzman Asia to formulate strategies to align with market direction, keep constant evaluation and review, and work with Tapestry BD support team to identify additional requirements to close the opportunity.
- Promote advanced teamwork with cross functions team and partners, to complete Business Development initiatives and achieve the results.
- Work with global and local teams to develop and execute unique campaigns or initiatives to develop specific market opportunities, or overcome unique challenges.
- Inspire, lead and drive the passion for business development.
Our COMPETENCIES for All Employees
- B.S. / B.A. degree in Business (or other related degree programs)
- Minimum 5-8 years of retail business development experience or related real estate consulting experience in China. Asia experience is a plus.
- Results driven with ability to both manage and execute projects. Demonstrated success of leading project teams to achieving Marco market analysis methods
- Skills in strategic planning, assertiveness, interpersonal communications, problem solving, persuasiveness, critical & creative thinking and professional communication skills.
- Versatile, flexible, adapt quickly to change and connect, excited by fast-paced, fast-changing environments.
- Strong analytical skill and knowledge of retail match & architectural drawing reading
- New retail experience and open mind for digital view.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English.
Our COMPETENCIES for All People Managers
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance : Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Stuart Weitzman is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Stuart Weitzman at www.stuartweitzman.com.