For the past 22 years, we've committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It's what we do best, and we're on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we're strong, but together we're unstoppable.About the Role
The Head of Design and Product Development will use vision to creatively direct and grow the business by delivering brand enhancing seasonal product in service to the brand customer that fulfills short and long-term business objectives. This person will ensure that product aesthetic and cost are consistent with target customer desire and brand handwriting. The Head of Design and Product Development partners closely with Marketing and Merchandising to ensure that the product line is cultural relevant and reflecting both macro fashion trends and consumer needs. This individual will work strategically with their product teams as well as the internal sourcing organization to deliver high quality, cost effective and aesthetically accurate samples. (e.g., right fit, right color, raw material). This person will lead a team across apparel design, concept, print and pattern, graphics, sourcing/production, tech design, quality/materials development, product development and sustainability.What You'll Do
- Key leader of the brand's end to end product engine, consistently looking for efficiencies, agility and ways to unlock innovation in order to deliver on overall brand proposition and responsiveness.
- Builds on the brand aesthetic and defines product filters in support of brand DNA.
- Consistently communicates a product vision and sourcing strategy in service to the customer/brand.
- Consistently deliver new ideas to delight customers.
- Lead concept process and approve seasonal product strategy and direction.
- Pushes product innovation forward every single season and stays abreast of competitive landscape.
- Accountable for financial performance of the Division. Adjust product strategies to address in-season business performance and/or consumer insights.
- Extensive experience in apparel design and development.
- Experience managing large cross-category and cross-functional teams.
- Possess a strong sense of style and an innate love of fashion. Understand how to translate trends through the lens of the customer and brand filter.
- A great eye for color and an understanding of the possibilities of fabric and construction. Ability to look for new and innovative ways to use color, fabric, and details in design.
- Strong presentation and influencing skill and the ability to create and make presentations in a variety of settings and styles.
- Knowledge of how to positively impact initiatives related to sustainability and circularity.
- Minimum 15 years of product design/development experience with a strong record of people management.
Required to manage their own priorities and set their own work objectives against a range of broad project objectives to achieve pre-defined and expected outcomes. Provides vision and purpose to their direct reports and fosters an environment of inclusivity and diversity. Guidance sought from others would be higher-level strategy or philosophical issues. Uses experience and judgment to make complex decisions and provides guidance for others when established procedures will not apply. Ability to effectively balance strategy, operating, customer and employee objectives across functional areas. Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of information. Required to make judgments based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information. Will demonstrate a high degree of original and creative thinking.
Who You AreBenefits at Athleta
- Ability to create compelling multi-function vision to support the business strategy and show value of functions operating together
- Demonstrated ability to lead through significant change & transformation to move an organization forward.
- Capable of staffing, developing, and managing performance of diverse leadership team
- Ability to create organization that is engaged and committed to the business and exemplifies Gap Inc. values and behaviors
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment and manage stakeholders effectively
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and initiatives in constantly evolving market
- Understanding of brand building, consumer insight, and product pipelines processes
- Approve seasonal assortment to ensure that product aligns to beautiful technical sustainable filters.
- Approve color palette, print direction and seasonal fabric direction.
- Hold Design and Development teams accountable for meeting development deadlines and ratios.
- Determine, allocate and ensure effectiveness of departmental budget.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $245,500 - $337,600 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.