We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Location
: West Chest, OH Shift:
Mon-Thurs: 2:30pm - 11:00pm + Fri: 10:30am-7:00pm (rotating weekends/once per month) Purpose of Role
This position will support the DC by performing maintenance work on the conveyor system, building and/or related equipment. Maintenance involves, but is not limited to, the following trades: electrical, mechanical, carpentry, plumbing, welding / metal fabrication, painting and forklift repair. Position also involves equipment installation and repair, generation of reports, inventory of maintenance/facility parts. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in mechanical engineering to...
- Maintain conveyor system and assist with troubleshooting.
- Set up and maintain all receiving, picking and shipping equipment to ensure that DC operations are running smoothly at all times.
- Service facility equipment, to include the conveyor system, with emphasis on preventive maintenance and repair.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance and repairs on all order pickers, forklift trucks and pallet jacks (including battery charging and change outs).
- Perform all office maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, furniture reconfiguration and movement, electrical, plumbing and mechanical work.
An accomplished individual will possess...
- Must have certification(s) or be able to demonstrate ability in 120V-277V electrical installation, 3 phase electrical motor control troubleshooting, and/or forklift truck, order picker, and pallet jack maintenance and repair.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years experience maintaining equipment such as conveyors, lift trucks, building apparatus, HVAC equipment, mechanical and plumbing
- Strong electrical and mechanical abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, twist or crouch for entirety of shift
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/