Manager, Allocation and Inventory Management, Kate Spade Greater China Department:
Planning & Allocation Location:
Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always stood for optimistic femininity. Today, the brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, gifts, home décor and more. Polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of color-Kate Spade New York's founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Allocation & Inventory Management to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Manage the assortment and allocation of product by store;
- Responsible allocation/distribution of skus within multiple departments from the distribution center to stores and EC channel;
- Translate assortment and buy plans into distribution parameters & strategies; ensure pipe quantities are appropriate and allocated based on sales expectations;
- Manage Door profiling process;
- Manage inventory levels by sku/store to support overall classification sales and inventory plans, as well as the marketing/promotional and tiered merchandising strategies;
- Direct all inventory additions/ deletions/revisions to support distribution/replenishment to stores;
- Build appropriate initial inventory levels for all new store openings using modeling as well as real estate proforma to anticipate sales demand;
- Manage "shop transfer" process to fulfill customer orders and balance store inventory;
- Work closely with retail team to fully support retail special event and balance inventory level between offline stores and EC stores according to brand strategies;
- Communicate product specific replenishment information to the field organization, stores and distribution center;
- Assist in initiating, developing, and maintaining systems and reports to increase efficiency and achieve goals;
- Continuously interact with field/stores to identify areas of opportunity to support goals;
- Being responsible for the in-season and post-season inventory action plan with Planning team, e.g. livestreaming proposal and inventory liquidation plan to ensure a healthy inventory level by channel;
- Partner with Planning and Merchandising to review business and understand short and long-term strategies.
An outstanding professional will have...
- Demonstrates excellent management skills with the ability to promote a strong team spirit.
- Can demonstrate strong negotiating, communication and influencing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Analytical and numerical talent in a business environment
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- People Management Skills
- Advance PC skill
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Bachelor degree and above. More than 8 years relevant experiences in fashion retail or premium brands.
- Self-drive and motivation
- Creative aesthetic sense
- Flexible mind & team work
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance : Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com.