Product Development Manager
ERDEM is an independent house of bold fashion, based in London. Founded in 2005 by designer Erdem Moralioglu MBE, the brand has forged its own path within the industry. After appointing his first CEO in 2020, the company has begun its exciting growth journey to increase its visibility and expand its global footprint through Wholesale, Retail & eCommerce channels.
How we do things:
We truly believe our independence is one of our greatest strengths. It ensures we are agile and fast to market. Our team are convivial, dynamic and share the common goal of growing our brand in a sustainable way. Our product is worn by incredible women all over the world. Job Description:
This role will build, develop and drive the strategy and revenue across all sales channels, increasing visibility of the brand and maintaining our luxury positioning. This is an exciting role, working closely with the CEO to expand the business at pace by opening new territories in Wholesale, Franchising in specific regions, implementing the end-to-end eCommerce & Retail Strategies. It is a Board facing role.
The Product Development Manager is responsible for the overall running of the Product Development department overseeing the development of all RTW and Accessories across multiple collections.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the Product Development department including all staff and department budget
- Develop RTW and Accessories within the business’ critical path.
- Responsible for process improvements
- Manage workload according to fabric delivery and toile development.
- Oversee the teams workload and distribute work
- Pre-cost garments to identify opportunities for improved margin.
- Ensure collection is developed to meet the required aesthetic, target margin, and construction is suitable for production capabilities. Ensure the product has consistency through each Product Developer.
- Work closely with pattern team to ensure product meets required finish and timescales are kept to.
- Advise technical construction/finishes to design team and factory when launching the product.
- Participate in fittings and offer solutions to improve overall fit/quality.
- Record accurate fit notes for pattern and development team.
- Supplier management: ensure suppliers meet company deadlines and that they have all components required to make the product.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and be reactive to their queries.
- Conduct any external fabric/product tests where required and highlight any potential risks to relevant departments.
- Use of Zedonk to check teams BOM’s and pull reports as and when required.
- Visit factory premises as and when required.
- Efficient data management: keeping style trackers up to date and recording spend accurately.
- Manage factory invoice approvals in SAP Concur.
- Participate in pre-show and photoshoot activities.
- Oversee the teams responsibilities for show week.
- Ensure product is sufficiently resolved ahead of the Production Handover meeting.
- Oversee handover to Production team alongside Production manager.
- Launch counter samples where necessary for improved cost/make.
- Mentor and develop members of the team and lead team meetings
- Oversee the company critical path ensuring departments timelines are recorded in the calendar.
- Experience as a Product Development Manager within a luxury brand
- Strong understanding of garment construction/fit, raw materials, and components
- Experience is managing a department budget
- Understanding of MOQ’s and garment pricing
- Experienced working with manufacturers (preferably London, Europe, and Asia)
- Organised and efficient: ability to work to tight deadlines and follow critical path
- Knowledge of fabric testing
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel
- Initiative and drive
- Analytical and problem solver
- Efficiency using Zedonk advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, who builds positive relationships both with internal and external contacts
- Ability to combine challenges of working in a creative and spontaneous environment where each day is different
• Excellent organisation and time management skills while maintaining attention to detail
• Abilty to motivate and manage large teams
• Ability to prioritise, manage multiple deadlines and cope with heavy workloads.
• Highly collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen to new ideas and work with others to develop the Company’s systems accordingly