The Category Manager Real Estate plays a critical role in shaping On`s future workplace and retail environment, delivering excellent procurement impact and know-how to our fast-growing real estate portfolio to ensure sustainable purchasing, establishing and maintaining beneficial partnerships and finding innovative ways to ensure we always keep moving forward.
- Lead Real Estate Procurement Planning activities
- Develop Real Estate category strategy
- Act as a business partner towards the Construction, Design and Facility management team, delivering outstanding services and turn market intelligence into best practice implementation for the team
- Manage the supplier base and relationship with key suppliers
- Provide procurement trends expertise
- Lead high-value and high-complexity sourcing projects
- Launch and manage high-value tenders from technical requirement gathering to (post-)evaluation, up to awarding of contracts including documentation of procurement events and proceedings
- Serve as the buyer on medium to large-size projects or procurement of indirect goods and services, and act as a subject matter expert for a commodity or specialized subject area; independently handle all purchases on a small project or for indirect procurement initiatives
- Supervise contracts to track and maintain records for all contractual, quality assurance and scope delivery
- Provide advice and then develop and draft contractual and procurement documentation as appropriate, for a range of office projects
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with key internal stakeholders such as the workplace environment design team, project management, and office management. Aimed at identifying, understanding, and fulfilling their requirements
- Build business cases supporting sourcing recommendations including competitive bidding, negotiating, analyzing data and market trends
- 7+ years of strategic sourcing experience within the field of workplace services, Facility management and/or construction management
- Higher education and degree in facility management, engineering, science or related field required
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset, flexible and nimble, with the ability to achieve a lot with limited resources
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment whilst being self-directed and able to work independently
- Expert negotiator in a global environment with previous experience managing workplace environment related projects and sourcing topics
- Ability to manage a variety of internal and external stakeholder expectations on all hierarchy levels
- Demonstrated results in procurement results for Retail store CAPEX projects
Meet The Team
The indirect procurement team empowers each individual within On to manage their procurement activities in an effective and value added way. We strive to work together on finding the right sourcing strategy, using best practice to ensure our partnerships are effective and durable and improve procurement by delivering and implementing tools to all teams in order to support their core activities. The team aims to find opportunities to reduce cost, bundle purchasing activities, set out to define new global category standards and set On up for future success.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.