Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail-led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.JOB PURPOSE
Responsible for providing financial oversight of all high-value vendors (>£1M annual spend). The role will provide management of cost books, ensuring that vendor invoicing is accurate and on time, that forecasts are accurate and up-to-date, and that spending is in line with forecasts. In addition, ensuring that costs resulting from projects are appropriately budgeted in the financial year following delivery.
Providing financial detail to business stakeholders, this role will be responsible for the creation and management of dashboards and reports covering cost management, Cloud cost optimisation recommendations, and show back.RESPONSIBILITIES
- The majority of the work will be to deliver timely, accurate, financial analysis, invoice management and reconciliations for key vendors.
- Key contract understanding - commercial terms, tracking invoices and billing reports against planned spend.
- Supporting the FinOps Manager with forecast and budget management.
- Eventually to generate and present the financial analysis of public cloud computing spend.
- Examine spending trends, and opportunities for savings, and advise with specific recommendations for improvement.
- Manage reconciliations to deliver a consistently predictable and repeatable process.
- Manage disputes with vendors.
- Monitor the day-to-day processes including alignment with the data, operations and budgets.
- Analysis of spend and identifying cost optimization.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of key tasks.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with key vendors.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Knowledge and experience in using SAP and ARIBA.
- Thorough understanding of billing, POs, GRNs, credit notes, journals and accruals
- Financial analysis experience
- Purchase order management experience.
- Account reconciliation experience.
- Good numerical understanding, strong Excel skills and detail-oriented.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- Creative problem solver as well as a proactive team player.
- Knowledge of Power BI.
- Global stakeholder management experience
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || ICS OPERATIONS & EMPLOYEE || n/a ||