About the Role
As the HR Advisor, you will have sound knowledge of policy, HR process, employment law and have previous HR experience. As the HR Advisor, you will support the HR team with generalist HR functions such as employee relations, recruitment, L&D and policy.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure the delivery of efficient Employee Relations service, ensuring excellent standards of customer service are maintained and legal compliance is achieved by providing timely and accurate advice on Company HR policies.
- Managing ER cases which typically includes performance, well-being, whistleblowing, and investigations
- Thorough understanding of applying HR policies and procedures within in the areas of employee conduct, sickness and absence, performance, grievance, disciplinary, investigations, dismissal
- Mentoring, guiding and advising managers on a wide range of people management topics and employee relations (ER) queries ensuring a fair, consistent and legally compliant approach is taken
- Build and maintain familiarity with HR Legislation and HR policies and procedures and assist senior HR colleagues with policy and process reviews.
- Develop and maintain relationship with Marketing and Social Media Coordinator, to support with the employer branding, for use across external platforms such as LinkedIn, Careers page and Business of Fashion.
- Utilising data gathered from yearly appraisals, identify key training needs, work with HR BP to collate information, and create training plan. ￼
- Effectively use the HR information system and Microsoft Office programs to input and update data, ensuring that information is input correctly and on a consistent and timely basis, in line with departmental needs and deadlines
- Respond to employee queries and concerns and escalating concerns appropriately in a professional manner.
- With the assistance of senior HR colleagues, take steps to minimise the risk and cost of both current and potential case work including supporting the senior management team in the preparation of case documentation, any SAR requests and employment tribunal reports and case files.
Key skills, experience and knowledge required:
- Previous experience of working at HR Advisor level.
- Proactive with solutions to deliver results autonomously.
- Excellent ER knowledge, confident in managing ER cases from start to finish.
- Experience of working with a HRIS.
- Experience with recruitment is desirable.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel.
- Results driven, resilient and able to execute multiple projects effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to support and coach employees on all aspects of people management, particularly providing feedback and HR best practice.
- Demonstrable use of initiative, able to identify solutions.
JOSEPH, a British contemporary designer brand, founded in 1966 by Casablanca-born Joseph Ettedgui. The JOSEPH label includes ready-to-wear, accessories and footwear. Contemporary, sophisticated, and effortless— the collections are defined by their quality and flawless fit.
Joseph Company values
We are driven by our ambitious expectations — good enough isn’t good enough. We understand that to compete and win in this category we must put our best foot forward, each and every time.
How we treat our staff, make our product and the role we play in the industry and the world is underpinned by an unwavering integrity. We do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy thing. We never cut corners or sacrifice on our quality or our principles.
Attention to detail
Thought, care and a great attention to detail goes into everything we do. It’s the only way we will consistently delight our customers.
Born from the mind and spirit of a pioneer, we are curious, entrepreneurial, and always looking for new ways to push our brand, our business, and our customer experience forward.
JOSEPH is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
By applying via this platform for this position you agree to JOSEPH retaining your application and any other documentation as submitted by you in accordance with your application until such time that our recruitment and on boarding process is complete. In connection with your application, we must process your personal data, although this will be used for recruitment purposes only. Please refer to our Applicant Privacy Notice located on the JOSEPH Website for further details.