We’re looking for a Head of Buying to join the ever-growing Product team 🎉
About your responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting, directing and implementing the execution of Adanola’s 1-3 year buying strategy that aligns with the overall business goals.
- Work closely with the HO Merchandising/Design to create and deliver a cohesive, sustainable and commercial global product range for the target customer
- In collaboration with HO Merchandising, lead team to achieve/exceed agreed sales and profit budgets at category level.
- Identify new product opportunities to drive the business forward, whilst minimising risk to terminal stocks.
- Own product critical path to ensure all launch dates are met.
- Work closely with garment tech, to monitor and improve returns rate at category level.
- Sign off ranges proposed from your team/Design, giving any necessary feedback and praise.
- Effectively communicate all key information in trade meetings and then take any actions for the team.
- Inform the team of any feedback from other teams through trade or customer feedback trends.
- Alongside head of merchandising, responsible for achieving margin %.
- Own the supplier relationships and negotiations to ensure there’s a strong working partnership and competitive pricing, through holding regular supplier meetings.
- Work with HO merchandising and design to formulate a long term and short term supplier strategy, that future-proofs the business as it expands globally. Preempt any gaps in supply base and work to onboard suppliers as necessary.
- Lead, motivate and develop the buying team to be a high performing, happy and successful team. Set clear objectives that align with company strategy, to ensure each individual understands the key role they play within the product team.
- Stay in touch with the fashion industry and external market trends to understand what’s next for Adanola’s buying strategy and always stay on top of relevant trends and topics.
- With Merchandising, liaise with Marketing on macro-trends in sales to determine if there’s anything that can be done.
About you as a leader:
- Set clear KPI's and goals for your team through regular 1-1’s, accurate job specs and specific objectives.
- Hold your team accountable for getting stuff done but always with the brand values and guidelines at the heart of their decisions.
- Develop the quality of line management within the Buying team, through feedback, training and proper development plans.
- You have a wealth of experience leading successful Buying teams in the fashion industry.
- You’re commercially astute but balance that with creativity and brand value.
- You can lead and motivate a team is something you have experience in.
- Strong negotiation skills
- You have a growth mindset, you naturally see opportunity, positivity, and room to develop.
- The ability to hold effective, genuine and strong relationships with both your internal stakeholders and external partners/suppliers.
- You’re not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck into tasks within the buying team to help the overall success of the buying function.
- Able to travel to suppliers and for comp shops when needed.
We're on a mission to becoming everybody's everyday uniform and we need great people with great attitudes to help work towards that. Adanola genuinely cares about the people we employ and as we grow will continue to always put People, Product and Profit, in that order. We're just getting started so you need to be ready to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in but in the most exciting and challenging way.
As well as that, we offer a list of benefits to our Ada employees:
- 💸 Bonus structure for all employees
- 🎂 Day off on birthday
- 🌴 25-day holiday minimum
- 🏡 Flexible workplace
- 🧘♀️ Monthly well-being allowance
- 👏 Work with a vibrant team
- 🧢 40% staff discount
- 💰 Pension scheme available