INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
What you'll be doing
Ensure Group regulatory compliance department's policies, processes and standard operating procedures are carried out appropriately by accounting and commercial departments
- Advise the business in structuring transactions through tax technical analysis and providing solutions that are compliant with tax regulations
- Performing tax health checks, tax compliance procedures, issues identification and resolution
- Corporate tax provision calculation, return preparation and filing
- Transfer pricing disclosure form, local file and master file preparation support
- Escalate complex problems to country finance/accounting and follow up to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Perform procedures to ensure core accounting processes of AP, AR, treasury etc. are compliant with VAT / tax / other policies and guidelines set by the Group.
- Review transactions and documents to ensure compliance with VAT / tax / other regulations and escalate incorrect treatments.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Represent the companies in communications with tax authorities when required during tax inspections and / or audits.
- Ensure to have tax audit files ready for periodic/annual tax audit.
- Have good accounting knowledge to support with tax reconciliations with accounting records.
- Demonstrate good organizational and project management skills.
What you'll need to succeed
- 3 years Experience in Egypt Corporate taxes, Withholding tax, VAT, stamp taxes and payroll taxes, and transfer pricing regulations, preferably gained in a big 4 professional services firm
- Experience with E invoicing implementation
- Intermediate knowledge of international tax principles and OECD initiatives (BEPS)
- A degree/qualification in accounting and/or tax (ADIT, CTA, ACCA, CA, CPA)
- Fluent in English
- tax compliance and advisory department in a professional services firm (big 4 preferred).
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department ACCOUNTING Role Accounting Manager - Tax