Maison Margiela is a Paris-based fashion house founded in 1988 by Belgian designer Martin Margiela. Celebrating unconventional aesthetics and embracing the philosophy that fashion is an art of expression rather than a cult of personality, Maison Margiela offers haute couture, ready-to-wear for women and men, contemporary line MM6, footwear, interior design, and accessories, including leather goods, fine jewelry and fragrance.
John Galliano was named Creative Director of the house in 2014, bringing his sense of spectacle and creative mastery to the unique ethos of Maison Margiela. Whilst developing his own vision for the house, John Galliano has entirely respected the Martin Margiela state of mind, creating a fascinating organic process.
In 2002, the French house became part of OTB. Along with sister brands of the group, Maison Margiela continues pushing the boundaries of modern fashion while preserving its distinctive identity and heritage.Department
Financial Planning & AnalysisJob mission
To be responsible for the reporting activitiesJob responsibilities and activities
Directly reporting to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Junior Reporting Controller has the following main responsibilities:
Skills and experience
- Ensuring accurate reporting to Group controlling along the forecast and closing planning financial Information
- Participate to the preparation and validation of the financial budgets related to the activities of the cost center in charged (monthly controlling activities, challenge the use of resources and propose alternative course of actions)
- Supporting Senior Controller in creating and distributing of timely and accurate analysis.
- Preparing financial reports in an accurate, reliable and timely manner through the new Business Intelligence platform
- Interface with several functions and establish strong collaboration with the Finance Team and Senior Management
- Liaise and lead predefined processes with Group consolidation and Information system Teams
- Ensuring Developing and communicating guidelines & accounting standards to ensure consistency and compliance across business world.
- University degree or BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Industrial Engineer or Accounting, preferably with an MBA with emphasis in Finance
- Open minded and willing to learn and develop
- Proactive, enjoys seeking information
- Proficiency level in English / Italian would be a plus
- Highly analytical and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP, HFM (Hyperion Financial Management), Stealth and Board applications will be a further plus.