Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.About the Role
The Associate Art Director partners closely with the Director, Creative and the broader Gap marketing team with a focus on leading and executing integrated digital campaigns inclusive of concept development, art direction, site design, email marketing, paid media, and organic social. This role will lead a team, ensuring elevated brand expression, and alignment with business objectives.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Drive, own, and iterate on the brand visual identity and photo direction for multi-channel campaignsthat touch all areas of the customer journey-including site experience, ecommerce, email marketing,digital advertising, video, social and more
- Develop culturally relevant creative executions that meet our business and brand objectives and elicitemotional reaction from our customers
- Conceptualize and execute pitches and prototypes to gain leadership alignment on creative and strategy
- Own and oversee work through lifecycle of project-concept, development, refinement, execution
- Represent and rationalize own and team's work in weekly leadership creative reviews
- Oversee multiple creative projects at the same time, for self and team
- Serve as daily support in navigating and synthesizing creative feedback, adhering to timelines,balancing priorities and refining strategies
- Act as brand filter and quality control for all team's work
- Evaluate creative team performance and guide improvements
- Partner with design, store design, styling, digital/marketing strategy, editorialand cultural influence teamsto inform creative approaches
- Liaise with account, production, marketing, and site merch teams through lifecycle of projects
Benefits at Gap
- An innovative and conceptual creator, skilled at merging art with commerce
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work with elevated brand expressions
- A deep knowledge of fashion, image making, and branding with a highly refined sensibility
- Experience concepting and directing video and moving image, digital storytelling
- Passion for pop culture, trends in social media, understanding of landscape and performance drivers
- Up-to-date knowledge of creative best practices for relevant digital formats
- Inspiring leader with the ability to both mentor and manage
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to clearly and articulately explain your rationaleand evoke excitement with your recommendations
- Strong organizational skills, keen eye for detail, and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Skilled at working cross-functionally-especially with marketing, strategy and ecommerce
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where deadlines, priorities, and initiatives pivot frequently
- Love collaboration, discourage competition
- 6+ years of art direction / design / creative experience, retail or luxury experience preferred
- 3+ years of management experience
- Expert in the Adobe Suite, G-Suite, Keynote. Experience in video editing, animation, CGI, 3D/ARdevelopment are a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $134,000 - $177,500 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.