Paul Smith is one of Britain’s leading independent design companies. We champion positivity, curiosity and creativity. These qualities underpin every Paul Smith design, whether it’s a shirt, a shop or a special collaboration. Reaffirming the values that Paul set down in 1970, ‘classic with a twist’ remains the guiding principle of the company. Happily positioned between high fashion and formalwear, while taking reference from both, Paul Smith has always been proud to stand apart.
We have an opportunity for someone to join our team based in our Woodbury Commons Shop in Central Valley, NY as a Sales Associate, on a full-time basis. This person is responsible for assisting the management team with achieving sales targets, developing and maintaining excellent client relationships whilst promoting the brand image, providing excellent customer service and up to date product knowledge at all times.
• To meet and greet all clients and act as a brand ambassador representing Paul Smith LLC.
• To keep clients up to date with any Paul Smith activity; to ensure they are fully engaged with the Paul Smith brand.
• To maintain a high level of product knowledge at all times and to consistently share this with your clients
• To take initiative to build upon the stores clientele book, emailing and keeping in contact with clients on a regular basis, inviting them to relevant events and keeping them aware of any new products.
• Maximizing all sales at every opportunity to ensure you are meeting and exceeding your personal and store targets.
• To ensure visual presentation, store maintenance and housekeeping is kept to the company's desired standard, both on and off the shop floor.
• Confidently use technology in store such as store tablets to enhance the customer experience and POS systems to efficiently process transactions and payments from clients.
Essential Experience and Skills Required
• Previous 1-3 years’ experience of retail selling in luxury fashion.
• Experience in providing excellent customer service.
• Ability to work towards weekly sales goals.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Who you are
• Passion for style, fashion and the Paul Smith Brand.
• Interest and knowledge of current trends in music arts and culture.
• Flexible and reliable.
• Good team member, helpful, approachable and trustworthy.
What's in it for you
• Hourly base + commmission.
• A generous Clothing Allowance.
• Discretionary discount on Paul Smith goods.
• Basic medical and dental insurance at no cost to you.
• 401k with a 3% match.
• Vacation, sick/personal days in accordance with Company Policy.
At Paul Smith, we celebrate and encourage applications from all walks of life into our growing workforce. We are committed to empowering people from any background, belief system, or ethnicity, offering an inclusive environment where talent is recognized and valued.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.