About Banana Republic
Born from two California creatives fueled by their explorer spirits, Banana Republic has repositioned itself as a premium, experiential lifestyle brand for today's modern world. Designed for a life where anything is possible, we use the finest materials with the latest fabric innovations to create timeless, versatile clothing, jewelry, shoes and handbags. Through our home and art collections, we extend beyond apparel and are a part of our customers' lives at home.
We are creating memorable, immersive experiences online and in-store that build lasting relationships and solve our customers' lifestyle needs. Our team is made up of passionate and curious storytellers who are pushing the boundaries to deliver consistent, quality product through an elevated customer experience. Sound interesting? Join us as on the BR journey as we create what's next.About the Role
In this role, you will develop, execute and drive inclusive merchandise strategies that delight the customer while meeting or exceeding the financial goals of the business. As the commercial backbone of the product development process, you will work closely with your cross functional partners using customer insights, market data and business performance to bring great products to market that amaze and delight our customers. You will own the product-level P and L, drive results and closely monitor the health of your categories ensuring product and assortments are commercially-viable and drive profitable growth. You're 100% accountable and empowered to see things through to the end.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Work effectively as a member of the cross functional team by communicating clearly and focusing on team objectives
- Manage and track samples
- Keep samples organized and up to date for use in merchant presentations, visual set-ups, and seasonal marketing
- Create, enter & perform in-season updates to product information in multiple data bases
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency
- Perform general administrative duties for merchandising team as needed
- Maintain reports and tools, as needed by merchandising team
- Complete seasonal projects for merchandising team (ex: trend and competitor research)
- Assist in the development of the product assortment, key item positioning, and ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives
- Attend cross functional meetings and class reviews to stay abreast of any changes in assortment and strategies
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Advanced computer skills and proficient in Microsoft applications - Excel, Word & Outlook
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities
- Impeccable attention to details regarding system applications.
- Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes
- Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice
- Highly adept at learning systems such as PowerPoint and Miro
- High level of knowledge of basic retail math (gross margin, sell through, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and follow-through skills
- 4 year degree preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Hourly Range: $21.15 - $26.45 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.