The Facilities Foreman will be responsible for the day-to-day activities, coordination/scheduling a team of HVAC Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical and Carpentry within our Global Headquarters and Jewelry Design & Innovation Workshop. They will oversee the maintenance and inspections of all life safety systems, maintain required logs for documentation, and coordinate the training and orientation of all staff members. This role will also assist with the maintenance of the HVAC system and related equipment, Waste Process systems, Compressed Air systems, and general facility equipment at these central locations. They will routinely conduct building inspections and maintain life safety and emergency systems. (Fire Alarm, Sprinkler, Emergency Generator systems etc).
- Oversee and schedule the daily operation of the support, housekeeping staffs, and mailroom staffs while prioritizing and responding to user requests for support services. Schedule, coordinate, and supervise all MEP maintenance duties and construction projects for properly installation of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing. Provide adequate coverage to support weekend coverage and project work. Must respond to building emergencies and coordinate / schedule the required response team to address issue.
- As required partner with landlord on daily operations/projects.
Strategic and Daily Planning
- Implementation and monitoring of preventive maintenance programs for all machinery and life safety equipment to meet with regulatory compliance. DEP, EPA, OSHA, NFPA, FM & Manufacturing requirements. Ensure staff is trained and conducts necessary procedures to comply with environmental regulations, including hazardous waste management, air and water discharge permits and the handling and storage of hazardous materials. Oversee the Installation and maintenance of equipment and supplies needed to support the safety of the operations. Align facilities management activities which support strategic Corporate Sustainability programs. Act as Emergency Evacuation Director, responsible for updating and training the Emergency Evacuation Team.
- Must schedule coverage of staff to provide coverage at all times of day and throughout the year
- Manage, develop and motivate a staff of (4) employees to provide a safe, efficient work environment by consistently delivering superior service.
Projects Management and Implementation
- Provide engineering criteria to design team for all Facilities Projects. Review/approve design development and construction documents for accuracy. Scheduling, coordinating, and supervising internal user requests and construction of projects. Responsible for maintaining and adhering to budget requirements for projects.
Health and Safety
- Provide proactive safety and health leadership by recognizing employees who demonstrate good safety and health behaviors and provide immediate, specific, and constructive feedback to employees who violate safety requirements or demonstrate unsafe work behavior. Identify workplace hazards, investigate incidents, educate employees on established safety requirements, and ensure ongoing compliance with applicable safety-related policies and procedures.
- Responsible for managing the opening and closing of the Jewelry Design Innovative Workshop (JDIW) facility at the correct time with proper coverage and as per the written SOP. Responsible for managing the holding of the building key and alarm code 24 hours/day and 7 days/week by the staff.
- High school graduate with technical/vocational training in related fields
- Ten years' experience in the related fields with 3 to 5 years in supervision, job planning, scheduling, interpreting prints.
- Thorough understanding of base building systems.
- Organizational and Time Management skills a prerequisite.
- Computer experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Projects.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprint (CAD) drawings for Architectural and M.E.P. design review and installations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (both written and orally) with employees of all levels.
- Self-motivated and customer service oriented.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under pressure in a fast paced rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of PLC and how to utilize them to troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to use electronic testing equipment, hand, and power tools.
- Must be flexible with regards to work schedule. (availability for overtime and extended shift start and end hours to support operations. Weekend hours required to support the business, equipment repairs and projects beyond the regular work schedule.) - Some night shift work may be required to supervise night activities
- FDNY Certificate of fitness G-60
- Individual is required to respond to building emergencies. 24/7.
- Valid driver license
- Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications, and maintenance manuals.
- Experience with PLC troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop a team atmosphere.
- Use various types of lifts: Skyjack lift, material-handling equipment such as forklift and hand pallet truck.
- Black seal license
- Universal license for the recovery and recycling of refrigerant.
- AutoCAD proficiency.
The hiring range for this position ranges from $35.70-$48.30. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon
candidates' relevant skills and experience.