Dion Lee is a unisex designer brand, based in New York City. The Dion Lee aesthetic is technical with an intelligent sensuality. Each collection marries innovative construction, with a consciousness of the form. Textiles are engineered to form sculptural embellishments. We are looking for a Pattern Maker to join our New York design team, working closely with the Creative Director, Designers and Development team across seasonal and runway collections.
- Creating digital patterns from hand drawings and/or drapes.
- Creating patterns that are accurate, well-fitting to design intention and clearly executable for respective cutters, sample makers and offshore factories.
- Maintaining accurate yield and measurement specifications for manufacture and costing
- Participate in all development and production fittings
- Pattern alterations and grading rules
- Working with the in-house sample cutters and makers to oversee the completion of high-quality samples
- Consistent communication with the production team to ensure high-quality fit and finishes and review of pre-production samples
- 5-10 years experience in womenswear clothing pattern making
- Experience across all garment categories, experience in Tailoring and Menswear is also a plus
- Ability to creatively problem-solve patterns and/or construction constraints to achieve design intention.
- Ability to work on the form, drape and sew
- Strong knowledge of Gerber
- Have a keen eye for cut and silhouette and the ability to interpret designer’s intention and brand’s handwriting
- High knowledge of complex garment construction and high-end garment finishes
- Computer literate in Excel and Outlook and having experience with Adobe Illustrator is a plus
- Enjoy the challenge of working with original designer fashion garments in a fast-paced environment
Please submit your portfolio or examples of your work along with your CV. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a trial.