Make a Lasting Impression. Join Tapestry, the first New York-based house of modern luxury lifestyle brands. A successful career at Tapestry is built on hard work, determination and a genuine passion for what you do. At Tapestry, you are part of a global house of brands that is built around our shared values of optimism, innovation and inclusivity. We believe anyone from anywhere can have the best idea, and with creativity and perseverance, anything is possible.
Whether it be Coach, Stuart Weitzman or Kate Spade, each of our great brands around the world helps people express themselves in their own unique ways. Job Title: Manager Location: Shanghai Reports to: Director, APAC Procurement Primary Purpose
The primary purpose of this position is to lead category strategic sourcing and Procurement initiatives within the APAC region. The goal is to deliver total value efficiency opportunities based on sourcing strategy thru working with the business together for non-merchandise/indirect spend across all Tapestry brands. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Procurement to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Lead multiple indirect & direct procurement categories for whole APAC region and/or Greater China, with a focus on but not limited to logistics, VM, corporate services and store operations.
- Collaborate with the functional stakeholders to conduct agile sourcing process on relevant projects - profile category, sourcing strategy (align baseline with finance), execute RFX, negotiation strategy, business award and contract management, by adopting and utilizing company systems and tools.
- Work closely with the Regional and Global Procurement team for category strategy development and local implementation for any aligned procurement initiatives.
- Leverage industry best practices and/or innovation opportunities to fuel business investment needs.
- Manage key supplier performance and develop necessary strategic relationship program.
An outstanding professional will have / be...
- Experienced in strategic sourcing management or procurement consulting, with categories relevancy. Experience in other categories like packaging, store construction, marketing, digital, IT, as well as procurement COE will be a plus.
- Good people management experience will be a plus.
- Positive team relationships and trust building through strong on-time delivery of projects, high quality, continuous innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Strong leadership, logical thinking capability and process sense, able to connect dots cross functions/teams, navigate team thru VUCA situation fluently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Negotiation skills, ability to analyze and solve problems
- Excellent data analytical skills, by demonstrating success in gathering data, conducting analysis (Total Cost of Ownership), and generating high quality outputs.
- Basic sense/understanding of budgeting planning and financial reporting process.
- B.S. / B.A. degree preferred.
- PMP/CIPS/CPM certification preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Understanding procurement policy and strict sense of compliance
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Growth mindset
- Analytical, proactive, collaborative, strategic, resilient, flexible, coachable
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance : Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/