We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Purpose of Role:
The role as Director Enterprise Platforms & Solutions, Fulfillment & Logistics Systems will be responsible for providing systems support for the Tapestry Las Vegas Fulfillment Center (VFC). As theDirector, you will be primarily responsible to 1) provide day to day operational support for the applications used at the VFC , 2) provide tools and metrics support for the monitoring and tracking of the health of the Systems and 3) partner with third party solutions to ensure stability, consistency, and at times strategic optimization with operations 4) provide the leadership and direction for growth and ongoing operational improvements. The incumbent needs to champion the development and implementation of operational processes and policies as the foundations for all service delivery and support.
The individual must also possess a hands-on knowledge of warehouse operations and associated applications. Secondary knowledge of server computing, storage, database, network, RF and Label printing technologies would be most helpful.
As the senior member of the Las Vegas technology organization, the individual must represent the entire IT team while developing and maintaining partnerships with the business units. They will need to partner with other senior team members within the technology/applications groups and business leaders in order to drive projects, services and operations across the IT organization. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to:
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Provide onsite support at our North Las Vegas fulfillment center
- Manage and develop two direct reports
- Provide monthly SLA metrics associated with the Business organizations supported.
- Develop and drive implementation of processes, policies, and service level agreements.
- Continuously improve these service levels through process, technical and staff improvements.
- Provide leadership to ensure proactive monitoring, data collection and asset management.
- Own and manage the Change Management Process for any system changes. This includes coordinating the review, scheduling, approval, logging, and communications of any changes.
- Partner closely with Corporate IT team on the implementation of various application projects.
- Partner extensively with the Security and Business Continuity team to enforce policy, procedures and standards to ensure a secure and sound server, network environment, applications, and in adherence to established SOX compliance rules.
- Implement 'continuous improvement' programs to raise the group's overall effectiveness: development and implementation of training programs.
- Expense and Capital Budget responsibility and Vendor Management
- Partner with business leaders in the Tapestry organization to identify and deploy technical and/or application business solutions.
- Develop and retain staff.
- Manage third party vendor relations, evaluate performance and build strong partnerships.
The outstanding professional will have...
- A solid grasp of the trends and direction of emerging technologies and their potential application/value to the business.
- Ability to move daily with ease from hands-on to strategic planning.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Strong project management skills as demonstrated by results.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Capability to work in a hands-on environment while focusing on critical, high pay-off strategies.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- 10+ years' experience in positions of increasing responsibility within information systems.
- 5+ years' experience managing a 24x7 services operation.
- A strong working knowledge of IS infrastructure technologies and distribution center processes.
- A strong working knowledge of applications supporting distribution center operations.
- Experience with developing and managing a tools platform used to provide proactive monitoring of all systems.
- Working knowledge of Manhattan Active Warehouse Management System a plus
- Solid experience with:
- Project management practices
- Process development and execution
- IT strategic planning
- Budget development and management
- Team building
- Technical undergraduate degree strongly preferred.
- Experience with a retail fulfillment operation a plus
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/