Dion Lee, a leading luxury fashion brand based in New York, is seeking an experienced and innovative RTW Designer to join our dynamic team.
Reporting to the Creative Director and Designer Director, this role will drive, contribute and support the delivery of four DION LEE seasonal collections per year, including two runway collections and two pre-collections. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional design vision with a strong understanding of pattern making, drape and tailoring with an understanding of both womenswear and menswear categories.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage the entire design process, from concept, fabric development, pattern handover, fittings and production finalization.
- Extensively research concept development, fabric innovation and garment construction based on seasonal brief from Creative Director.
- Collaborate with the Design, Fabric, Production and Sales departments to select fabrics and trims relevant to seasonal brief and range plan.
- Develop design concepts through research, vintage sourcing, drape, textile manipulation and other relevant experimentations.
- Finalize sketches with Creative Director + Senior Designer in a timely manner to align with critical path and flow of workroom.
- Prepare and hand off sketches to pattern maker, ensuring all design elements and garment construction details are clearly communicated and resolved.
- Attend and lead fittings, collaborating with product developer and pattern maker to ensure design intention, silhouette and proportion is correctly executed and fit comments are communicated, with consideration of wearability, sales commerciality and production capability.
Please include a sample of design work with your CV. Short listed applicants will be required to submit a design project as part of the interview process.