- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
To perform all maintenance, troubleshooting, make minor repairs and installation of all HVAC and plumbing systems, including fire suppression and domestic water in the building. Must had completed the apprenticeship program, holding a valid EPA card and Certificate of Fitness from the FDNY. The applicant should currently be a member of IUOE Local 30 or be willing to join the aft mentioned union.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Perform routine maintenance, inspection and troubleshooting the HVAC-R systems (centrifugal, DX, ductless, air handlers and package units), steam system/PRV's, pumps, sprinkler, standpipe, kitchen Ansel and exhaust systems,
- Responsible for maintaining building domestic water systems; hot and cold-water supply (pumps, valves, and piping)
- Responsible for maintaining building fire suppression systems (wet and dry valves, waterflows, tamper, fire pump, flow and alarm switches, pressure tanks, and air compressors).
- Responsible for inspections and maintaining all restaurant equipment including exhaust system, refrigerators, freezers, food warmers, soda, coffee, and ice machines.
- Responsible for inspections and maintaining of logs; engineering daily operations, Cooling Tower and water treatment, fire extinguishers, standpipe and sprinkler systems, baler and compactor, sump pumps, domestic water backflows/RPZs, and air compressors.
- Adhere to the work schedule including evenings, weekends, overtime, holidays, and responds to emergency call ins.
- To keep their work area clean and follow all safety standards.
- Communicate clearly and follow the direction of the Chief Engineer and other Bloomingdales' support team leaders.
- Provide direction to other support teams and complete all tasks, even in the absence of a Chief Engineer.
High Scool Diploma or equivalent required
3-5 years related experience
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Troubleshooting Low voltage wiring and controls related to the HVAC systems
- Be able to work with or around high voltage wiring and mechanical equipment.
- Cut, install, solder, and braze piping from ¼" inch to 2" inch; copper and or NPT, and up to 4" cast iron and no-hub piping and fittings.
- Basic understanding of NYC building, fire, DoH&MH, DEP, EPA, and OSHA regulations and codes.
- Proficient in trouble-shooting all HVAC systems and equipment as well as plumbing and steam operations.
- Basic understanding of thermodynamics. More specifically enthalpy and how it affects different parts of the building; office space, retail/stock space, and warehouse settings, during the different seasons and comfort challenges.
- Completed apprenticeship program and had gotten the HVAC-R CoF Q-01 or Q-99 certification from the FDNY.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with the customers and store associates.
- Computer applications competency and a working knowledge of Building Management System.
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Requires periods of walking, standing, hearing, talking , reaching with extended arms, crouching and climbing ladders in excess of 12'.
- Lift and moves items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to install in general workmanship manner
- Ability to work independently
- Manual dexterity
- Requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.