Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
Alexander McQueen is in search of a Assistant Visual Merchandising Manager, which to conceive, develop and communicate the seasonal directive for retail implementation that reflects the store experience strategy while maximizing sales and market opportunities across China.
How Will You Contribute?
- To coordinate the execution of product and presentation direction in China in accordance to company guidelines
- To liaise with contractors and production house for all the visual materials, source and organize visual merchandising props, and coordinate with vendors on production of props and fixtures
- To liaise closely with store, retail, and merchandising teams and provide VM feedback to Regional Office the proposal to increase store profits and sell-through
- To assist in providing visual merchandising training across the retail team in China
- Occasional travel is required
Who Are You?
- Bachelor Degree in Design disciplines or equivalent
- Minimum 5-year experience in visual merchandising with prior exposure in luxury industry or premium fashion brands is preferred
- A good team player, able to work independently with strong sense of responsibility
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Proficient in MS Office
Why Work With Us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic sales team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.