About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The VP Global Quality develops and drives global quality initiatives in the areas of customer insight, manufacturing process, and product integrity regulations, to support our business operations, sourcing strategy, and overall company goals. As a critical member in the Global Sourcing leadership team for Gap Inc., this role is highly collaborative working across our brands, categories and functions in thought leadership, solution innovation and change management in Global Sourcing, Gap Inc. The role leads a sizable and geographically dispersed team of quality and technical professionals.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Lead the development and execution of quality strategies and be the project sponsor/lead overseeing a range of quality-focused work streams.
- Leverage systems thinking for process management/improvement, from development through to the customer, and own quality process - while at the same time ensuring suppliers are accountable for delivering product quality within our defined processes.
- Lead tech design, fit & digital product creation capability areas and teams, ensuring we mitigate risk through line reviews and factory-to-product assessments, and acting as center of excellence for fit, blocks, and supplier training certification accreditation (fabric digitisation/digital product creation team leadership).
- Build Capability - build and operationalise new capabilities that are required to progress quality and fit improvement.
- Continuously improve product quality, instilling a quality focus across the product creation/development lifecycle, from design through to purchase. Establish clear functional accountability for quality teams (product/technical/customer) in partnership with cross functional teams/partners.
- Act as the opinion leader and subject matter expert for product quality, defining/embedding quality metrics and governance, including raw material quality, product performance and product construction standards. Work closely with with brand/category sourcing leads to support and institute standards and capitalize on opportunities for continuous product quality improvement.
- Identify and prioritize quality improvement opportunities that have significant positive impact to product, drawing on analysis and insights from customer feedback, store audits, and brand/category team input.
- Partner with the global production vendor base to drive best practice manufacturing process; provide training, advice, and tools to effectively empower and monitor vendors / suppliers to ensure compliance with Gap quality requirements/standards.
- Provide "Centre of Excellence" shared service to all categories/brands in the areas of product testing, product safety, fit and color approvals.
- Leverage customer feedback on product quality to enhance brand product creation decision making, and integrate Voice of Customer with the brand/category production process. Own VOC platform tools and Wear Test processes in order to elevate product quality as measured through customer experience at purchase and during wear and care.
- Establish the fundamental "Culture of Quality" within Global Supply Chain organization.
- Develop quality management/technical talent; build bench strength and maintain a highly engaged global quality team.
- Global Quality Leader with experience in sizable sourcing organizations (fashion brands, buying offices, agents or garment factories).
- Quality Management - Experienced across multiple categories, apparel and non-apparel.
- Manufacturing Engineering thinker with experience working directly with garment factory operations, process and bulk production.
- Fit, Tech Design and Digital Product Creation thought leader, able to implement a leveraged operating model across a multi-brand and multi-category platform.
- Collaborative Advisor on end-to-end (design/development) product execution and risk mitigation strategies.
- Brand Facing Partner who understands design, merchandising, and Global Supply Services landscape and has performed in roles partnering directly with Brand Production and Design teams. Developed knowledge of end to end product creation cycle.
- Business-savvy with a Global mindset: experience executing on multi-year strategic plans & operational goals, incorporating your deep understanding of production trade regulations, testing protocols, product integrity, production cycle timelines, and fabric and garment construction.
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Strong People Leader & Talent Builder - you've successfully led large cross-category, cross-functional, global teams (direct and dotted line reporting relationships); you have a proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing and retaining best-in-industry teams.
- Driver of Business Performance Improvement - you have a proven track record of KPI improvements based on fact-based analysis or benchmarking.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.