About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The RL&P (Rewards, Loyalty & Payments) Division at Gap Inc. is primarily responsible for managing the company's credit card loyalty program. This role will support this Division by influencing and collaborating with leaders and cross-functional partners. This includes traditional budget, forecast and close responsibilities with full P&L scope. Additionally, this also includes providing strategic, analytical support, and process improvements for various marketing initiatives and proactively identifying opportunities along with recommendations to drive the credit card and gift card businesses. This role will report to the Manager of RL&P Finance.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Act as finance resource for the RL&P team.
- Coordinate monthly forecast and annual budget submissions, including visibility to both revenue and expenses, and frame up risks and opportunities and present them to senior leadership.
- Own revenue forecasting model that accurately forecasts in-store and online credit card sales by brand and channel; work directly with loyalty Brand leads on forecast model drivers.
- Consolidate and analyze expenses across organization by expense type and team, and compare against historical data to identify trends in spending and opportunities for cost savings.
- Perform month end close functions with accuracy, partner closely with accounting partners, execute quarter-close deliverables, and ensure processes are in compliance with Gap Inc accounting policies and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Brand, CST, and Corporate Finance teams, Corporate Shared Service Center, and RL&P business partners; work closely with brank credit card issuer on monthly process and ensure Gap Inc. and bank are aligned on loyalty financials.
- Contribute to ad hoc decision support needs and strategic financial discussions as required by the Director of Finance, VP of Finance, and SVP of RL&P; propose automation and time-saving process improvements for reoccurring deliverables to increase capacity for new value-added assignments.
- Coordinate with Marketing and other business partners to ensure Brand performance metrics reflect the potential impact of all planned marketing events/activities. Assist in development and update of financial recaps, formulate clear cause-of-change explanations, and present findings to senior leadership during financial reviews.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Assist in development and update of financial recaps, formulate clear cause-of-change explanations, and present findings to senior leadership during financial reviews.
- 3-4 years of financial and business analysis preferred (minimum 2 year). Forecast and budgeting experience a necessity. Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including ability to formulate business strategy and proactively drive results.Interest to own and gain exposure to all aspects of P&L.
- Able to transform quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations and communicate them in a compelling way. Takes initiative to improve existing processes on his/her own.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can confidently articulate a point of view, but also explain the risks and opportunities to that P.O.V. Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt work style/processes in a fast paced environment. Works independently with business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships on a cross-functional team and influence others through financial analysis with proven ability to interact with various levels of management. Comfortable presenting findings to senior leadership.
- Strong technical aptitude, including ability and desire to learn company systems and tools. Strong Excel modeling skills (pivot tables, waterfall charts, data mining). PowerPoint and Essbase experience a plus.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $86,300 - $114,500 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.