At A Glance:
The Reporting Analyst serves a key role in the APAC Finance team and has a direct impact on the performance of our region. In this role, you'll focus on enabling insights through x-departmental analytics, highlighting trends, and owning the development of exception-based reports/dashboards that bring multiple sources of data together to drive business-relevant action. This is a highly cross-functional role that will need to partner with, coordinate and influence multiple departments, channels (Wholesale, Retail, eComm), and teams both within APAC and Globally. It's a great chance to influence both existing and future processes and strategies and allows the right candidate a chance to showcase best-in-class technical, financial and commercial knowledge.
- Implement and optimize state-of-the-art analytical tools to facilitate the clear and concise communication of financial and operational information at all levels of the APAC organization via financial management reports and other reports
- Work with regional controlling team to output financial analyses from multiple (sales, channel) perspectives with a focus on clear storytelling, action-oriented output, and an ongoing drive for continuous improvement
- Manage regional training, onboarding of financial/management reporting tools, and associated processes
- Coordinate and drive proper master data maintenance and accuracy across the organization
- Serve as subject matter expert on all future financial reporting system-related upgrades and implementations
- Lead the prioritization process for local enhancement requests and liaise with stakeholders to ensure timely implementation
- Support the business and senior management with detailed reporting and other ad hoc analysis and project needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance / Accounting, Data Science, Business Analytics, Supply Chain or related field preferred; MBA a plus; a combination of experience and education will be considered
- Minimum 3+ years related progressive work experience; experience with a global sportswear brand, consumer products company or retail business preferred
- Excellent Excel (pivot tables, power queries, macros), understanding of data mining
- Exposures in Looker, MicroStrategy, Tableau, PowerBI, Alteryx, & other visualization tools highly regarded
- Development skills in R, Python, SQL, PowerQuery highly regarded
- Working knowledge of retail math and key metrics/drivers (discounts, margin, pricing, sell-thru, etc) and accounting (GAAP/IFRS) knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships across all organizational levels
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills with expertise in cross-functional project management
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
Meet The Team
As you might expect from a sports brand with running at its core, the Great China team at On is a fast-paced place to be. You'll be part of the Great China Finance team and co-working with a group of highly motivated individuals. The shared goal? Efficient growth at high speed- what else?
This role is based in Shanghai, China.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.