Be part of an iconic story.
PVH is the growth platform for Calvin Klein and TOMMY HILFIGER. Through driving brand strength and relevance, we are connecting our global, iconic brands closer to where the consumer is going than ever before, today and with future generations. Guided by our values and enabled by our scale and global reach, we are driving fashion forward for good, as one team with one vision and one plan. That's the Power of Us, that's the Power of PVH+.The Team
With a cross-functional reach and hands-on mentality, PVH Europe's Legal Department delivers a full range of best-in-class legal services to the entire company. Headed up by the SVP Legal Affairs (General Counsel), the department is organized into the following teams:
• Corporate & Commercial
• Digital & Data
• Intellectual Property & Brand Protection
• Legal Operations
• Privacy & Compliance
Our dynamic team consists of 20+ legal professionals based in Amsterdam and 10+ legal professionals based in one of the 4 regional hubs within Europe. Our team members have varying nationalities, backgrounds, cultures, and legal expertise areas.
We focus on identifying material legal risks in order to secure and preserve PVH's assets, brands, reputation, and integrity, advise and influence the business in a pro-active manner, and be a business partner in realizing our strategic and operational business goals.
Within an ever-changing environment it's of key importance that we anticipate regulatory changes, focus on contract management, liabilities management, and mitigating risks.
There is a strong collaboration with the overseas legal teams in other regions and we bring together knowledge in certain expertise areas by way of best practice sharing and know-how meetings.The Position
We are currently looking for a Legal Counsel to add to the legal Digital & Data team. As Legal Counsel Digital & Data, you will provide practical, business-oriented legal advice to a fast-paced and demanding business. While consumer, privacy, and commercial law experience is essential to this role, you must also bring a commercial mindset and a taste for technical innovation. The role will require you to translate complex legal matters to high-level but concise business input and keep the business interest in mind. In addition, our team is always striving for efficiency and standardization to enable legal to spend time on legal challenges that matter most.
The position requires strong knowledge of consumer and privacy laws to support our expanding direct-to-consumer business, e.g. assisting our E-commerce and marketing teams to make sure that consumer-facing initiatives are compliant and clear. In addition, the candidate should be able to review, draft, and negotiate commercial contracts, especially those related to digital transformation projects and technology. Day-to-day responsibilities include drafting and reviewing consumer facing Ecommerce and marketing terms, supporting the implementation of data and tech projects, drafting, negotiating, and interpreting a wide variety of commercial (contract) issues and transactions, varying in nature, complexity, and value, from a consultancy contract and cloud product terms to technology and e-commerce deals and addressing the legal impact of emerging tech within for our innovation and gaming teams.
In short, we need you to help our business partners navigate through an ever-evolving digital landscape while keeping the consumer at the center of what we do!Key Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Drafting and reviewing online terms for our consumer-facing businesses such as E-commerce and marketing and helping with all kinds of related questions of the business while making sure that consumer-facing initiatives are compliant, clear, and in line with business needs.
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts related to E-commerce, technology and tackling IT-IP-related issues whilst balancing legal risks with the commercial and operational needs of the business without supervision.
- Participate in product teams in order to provide legal guardrails and take on legal questions.
- Be the go-to legal counsel for certain business partners in PVH Europe and manage the related workload and processes.
- Keen eye to improve processes and always on the lookout for efficiencies.
- Ability to translate legal processes and instructions into simple language and increase the visual delivery of our message.
- Work in a close-knit team and support each other.
- Bachelor's and master's law degrees both obtained in Europe (in the Netherlands is considered a plus);
- 3+ years of experience gained in private practice and/or an in-house legal department, with experience in commercial contracting and knowledge of consumer, tech, and privacy laws;
- Track record of advising on consumer law and privacy topics for large companies with an established online presence.
- Previous in-house experience is not required but is considered a plus;
- Service-oriented, you can work and act as a true business and sparring partner and you can work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently;
- Effective communication skills and be able to multitask with rapidly changing priorities in a dynamic working environment;
- Attention to detail, you are organized and have the ability to plan according to priority;
- You have commercial awareness and good negotiating skills;
- You are result-oriented, efficient, decisive, and proactive;
- Excellent communication skills; you are able to communicate effectively across all levels within the organization, easy to liaise with and build good working relationships;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must; any other language is a plus.
- Able and eager to work in an international, diverse, and inclusive working environment
- A strong team player, and a good listener with a positive attitude;
- Hard-working yet fun-loving - gets the job done and contributes to a fun working environment overall
- Energetic, entrepreneurial, and curious; able to think out-of-the-box and eager to learn, improve things, and find innovative solutions
- Hands-on, self-starting, and embracing and enjoying challenges.
- Digitally savvy - strong understanding of and interest in the tech world.
In the heart of Amsterdam, PVH EMEA is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. We are the home to 2500 big thinkers, natural entrepreneurs, and challenge seekers from all kinds of backgrounds.· How we support you:
choose the hybrid setup and working hours that suit you, in addition to meeting-free Fridays, work from anywhere 4 weeks a year, 25 days of paid holidays, mental health days, parental leave, home office allowance, commuting allowances, employee assistance programs, and pension schemes· Wellbeing:
exclusive onsite gym and fitness classes, personal training, meditation studio, sports clubs, in-house physio, and receive access to our nutritional and wellbeing programs· Campus:
extensive food and beverage offerings, top-notch restaurant, barista coffee bars, sky bar, monthly social events, weekly Thursday drinks, game nights, and campus-themed activities that will keep your social life busy· Develop your career:
whether you lead a team or contribute your own expertise, everyone is a leader at PVH. PVH University curates and delivers training programs for you to continuously develop your professional and personal goals· Be at the forefront:
stay closely connected to our brands, Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, and be a part of seasonal market launches, sample sales and receive employee discounts!Be part of it.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.