Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always been colorful, bold, and optimistic. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand that designs extraordinary things for the everyday, delivering seasonal collections of handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, home décor, and more. Known for its rich heritage and unique brand DNA, Kate Spade New York offers a distinctive point of view and celebrates communities of women around the globe who live their perfectly imperfect lifestyles.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.Global Social Impact Associate
The Global Social Impact Associate will provide coordination and support in all aspects of the brand's global social impact portfolio, across all global corporate giving, philanthropic programs, employee engagement and communications, as well as measurement and evaluation.
The role requires
, at a minimum , at least one year of experiencein Corporate Social Impact and Philanthropy
, (in an internship or in full time employment).
Work in women's and girl's empowerment is a big plus.
Work in sustainability , though admirable, is unrelated
to the requirements of this role.
This person will be a key point of contact for engaging the global kate spade community, strategic partners, and others to further our mission of believing that a women's mental health is foundational to her achieving sustainable long-term empowerment and that it should be prioritized in the global empowerment agenda. Social Impact Events and Global Store and Corporate Employee Engagement
Social Impact Measurement & Evaluation
- Coordinate and manage Social Impact global Store & Field team engagement opportunities, processes and communication
- Coordinate planning and execution of all Social Impact related internal corporate events and key community moments, inclusive of speaking engagements, internal videos, annual summit and quarterly all company meetings.
- Coordinate corporate volunteer events
- Executive producer of internal podcast series
- Support operations and planning of the annual on purpose fundraiser
Social Impact Council Secretary
- Coordinate and manage compilation of quarterly social impact dashboard
- Coordinate collection, management and scheduling of all impact data from all social impact programs & partners, including: on purpose , kate spade new york foundation, kate spade new York global corporate brand partnerships, brand volunteerism, product donations.
Internal Social Impact Communications Coordinator
- Coordinate scheduling for bi-annual council calls
- In partnership with PR & Creative, manage dressing/styling requests for Social Impact Council Members
- POC for payment & donation requests
- Support in developing call decks
- Manage tracking and fulfillment of contract deliverables
- Coordinate and book travel for council
- Support and coordinate materials related to all social impact internal communications, including social impact report, all company social impact emails, deck compilation, zoom backgrounds and postings.
- Coordinate Social Impact Communications calendar & monthly meetings
- Support and coordinate materials for internal team meetings
- Coordinate and support updating of corporate & store team associate education documents as related to social impact
- Maintain internal Loop page
- Manage external facing team inbox
Social Impact Administrative Support
- Coordinate and support all corporate product donations, including partnering with internal cross functional partners, external non-profit partners, creation and execution on MOUs, and tracking donation receipt forms.
- Manage and execute kate spade new york employee merchandise donation processes.
- BuyingHub input & matinence coordination across all social impact programs, including on purpose and kate spade new york corporate brand partnerships
- Social impact sponsorship and marketing requisitions
- Commercial co-venture sale requisitions
- consultant and social impact partnership requisitions
- on purpose supply chain purchase orders and requisitions
- supplier + banking information update in BuyingHub
- on purpose specific requisitions
- invoice submission to APNA
- on purpose support, including documentation and paperwork and sample management needs
- Support the Mind Body Soul employee collective through administrative needs and tasks
- Coordinate & schedule global social impact bu calls for internal regional teams
- Support Executive Director with travel related administration
- 1year minimum in Corporate Social Impact and Philanthropy is required
- Retail Industry experience and desire to work in Corporate Retail Industry strongly preferred
- Microsoft Outlook and all Microsoft Applications (proficiency in Excel a must)
- Basic understanding of Ariba system a plus
- Adobe skills a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Self starter with an entreprenurial and flexible mindset, ability to work in an agile capacity, & to work across timezones with global partners
- Empathy and understanding for a diverse network of community needs
- Strong Administration and Coordination Skills
- Transparent and Clear Communication Skills
- Team based and systems thinking approach
This role is a hybrid position, which requires candidate to travel to NYC corporate offices Tuesday-Thursday, weekly Our Competencies for All Employees
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-RE1 #HYBRID Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or email@example.com
Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com . BASE PAY RANGE $58,500.00 TO $62,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit