With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
This position is responsible for developing and executing the division's product strategy to drive the Brand to achieve financial objectives. Leverages insights and trends to inform line architecture to deliver plan. Analyzes business, responds to sales trends and optimizes. Leads, coaches, and develops associates to achieve financial objectives and prepare them for broader responsibilities. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Leads a cross-functional team for a single Division and owns driving sales, margin, turn and growth for total company across both frontline and digital channels. Partner with Planning to develop pre-season strategies and assortment architecture for omni-channel business.
- Creates strategic vision for division aligned with company goals; supporting and directing Merchandising team and key cross functional partners on execution.
- Identifies growth opportunities in product categories. Partners with Design and Planning partners to ensure emerging trends and past performance learnings are incorporated into strategies.
- Manages pre-season and in-season assortment building and management including assortment development, selection, promotions, order management and assortment driving strategies.
- Sets pricing strategy and partners with planning on in-season pricing adjustments.
- Owns relationships and understands target customer. Collaborates with Design partners to ensure development of strong assortment.
- Partners with cross-functional team leaders to develop product and financial plans that reflect the brand's overall key strategies.
- Partners with Design on the development of floor set concepts, key looks, and colors. Creates a compelling assortment that is driven by key items, outfits, and wearing occasions appropriate for the time of year.
- Utilizes a broader lens with Brand leaders to ensure a cohesive view of the line is presented to customer with a strong focus on outfitting.
- Demonstrates forward thinking ability; utilize knowledge gained from broader store/market travel and trend research to identify areas of opportunity for the brand.
- Develops compelling omni-channel marketing strategies to drive product assortment and KPI's.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's degree required, in related field from accredited university preferred
- 11+ years' experience in Merchandising and 4-6 years of management experience.
- Strong ability to build business strategies and implement shorter-term tactical plans that are cost-effective, efficient and realistic.
- Strong understanding of vertical retailing with product development experience.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Demonstrate leadership ability in inspiring and motivating own team.
- Demonstrated consistent ability to drive financial results and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication including presentation skills.
- Excel at working cross functionally - strong influencing skills.
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.