As Design Director, you will lead the Design team and drive the overall design strategy for FIGS. In collaboration with the SVP of Design, you will create seasonal and monthly products that are in line with our Quarterly Concepts, Marketing calendar launches and campaign direction. You will present seasonal lines with storytelling while meeting end-use needs for the health professional in functional and elevated designs. You will manage relationships with cross-functional partners including all aspects of the design development calendar, tech pack creation, coordination and calendar processes to ensure products align with brand vision. Our ideal candidate is clear with processes, a serial problem solver and all-star communicator in addition to being innately creative, passionate with product, highly organized and detail-oriented. You will report to our SVP of Design while overseeing apparel, specifically our FIGSPro line. What You'll Do:
- Lead strategy and execution of quarterly concepts and creative roadmaps.
- Drive seasonal color drop creation based on hindsight and planning needs.
- Provide quarterly fabric and trim development direction with PD to strategically execute to calendar and at price matrix.
- Partner with Designers and PD on the status of styles and development to manage day to day communication with factories
- Source fabrics and trims to execute premium quality final products appropriate for medical professionals
- Attend and participate in weekly fittings to ensure all products are executed to meet conceptual aesthetic
- Create graphic artworks and translate into vision for seasonal concepts
- Partners with Marketing and customer service to gain end user consumer Insights
FIGS Compensation and Benefits
- 10-12+ years experience in a similar role within an apparel DTC company
- Extensive knowledge of woven and knit garment construction and technical end purposes
- Highly creative with a strong understanding of FIGS brand aesthetic with in-depth knowledge of design techniques and processes
- Organized, self-motivated, deadline focused and goal driven
- Strong passion for apparel design and ability to recognize and translate into medical apparel product
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and knowledge of CAD
- Team player
- At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base salary range is between $140,000 and $200,000. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
- Equity: All FIGS employees have the opportunity to own shares of FIGS stock through our new-hire equity program. Additionally, FIGS provides a discount when purchasing FIGS stock voluntarily through our FIGS Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Annual bonus: This position is eligible to participate in the FIGS annual bonus program
- Other compensation and benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more...
*Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of service A little bit about us...
FIGS, Inc. is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We redefine what scrubs are by creating technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. With the largest DTC platform in healthcare apparel, we sell our products to a rapidly growing community of loyal customers. Through these customer relationships, FIGS has built a community and lifestyle around a profession, revolutionizing the large and fragmented healthcare apparel market and becoming the industry's category-defining healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand.
Our Threads for Threads initiative is integral to our mission to improve the lives of healthcare professionals on a global scale. Founded alongside FIGS in 2013, Threads for Threads donates scrubs to healthcare professionals working in resource-poor countries around the world.