About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
In this role, you will be accountable for the development process and strategy execution for the assigned product departments. You will also be responsible to execute the overall country and vendor strategy for the department in partnership with the relevant internal teams.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Manage the product development process (P2M) in a timely manner (development sampling, initial costs, negotiation/ production & capacity planning to meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards)
- Manage relationships with vendors and support vendor allocation & aggregated costing along with overall capacity planning aligned to the cost targets to drive competitive advantage
- Partner with vendors to drive innovation initiatives and superior quality while resolving any product and quality issues pro actively
- Onboard new vendors and provide training to existing vendors along with supporting the evaluation process
- Look for opportunities for continuous improvement in product development, process management and overall sourcing procedures
- Develop communication skills to exchange complex information
- Manage projects and program execution within area of specialty and ensures quality of work
- Proven success in applying fully functional professional knowledge in global product development and understands design, merchandising, and global sourcing landscape
- Ability to drive results through planning and prioritizing along with influencing others and providing recommendations & solutions
- Anticipate operational/program issues and develops preventative measures
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.