Something Extraordinary Every Day™ The role About the role
As our Senior Operations & Services Manager, you will lead the Operations Team and manage the subcontracted professionals on security, cleaning, gardening, Traffic Management and maintenance of the Village to ensure that the Village reaches the highest possible standards of hospitality in every aspect of its services. Key responsibilities
The key responsibilities of this role will include some or all the following. General
- Lead the Operations Team and be responsible for the team's performance and development
- Supervise and control contracted services such as waste disposal, pest control, air fresheners, diaper and sanitary napkin dispensers, and public telephones
- Ensure that stores comply with Village rules and regulations specifically with regards to material supply, waste disposal, use of common installations, operating hours, noise disturbances, car parking etc.
- Track and achieve budgets for the common costs with an emphasis on introducing new ideas on cost control and savings
- Monitor budgets to improve the efficiency of the Village and subcontracted services
- Perform critical analyses of all providers/services to the Village with recommendations for changes to improve service, lower costs, and create longer team partnerships
- Execute the Business Continuity Plan and train Teams on emergency procedures
- Ensure that contracted companies respect the contract obligations and provide proper supervision
- Manage the procurement process for necessary equipment needs for the Village, for security, maintenance and other purposes
- Ensure that the necessary equipment is sufficient and in good order
- Prepare specifications for works and tender documents for contractors costing
- Review and secure competitive tender quotes prior to contract renewal
- Ensure that all contractors are providing high quality of services which is in line with the service level agreements and the Company's standard
- Develop and maintain relationships with all emergency service providers local police, fire brigades, ambulance services etc.
- Provide training for the Security Team on the current security legislation
- Implement security guidelines and adapt them to the legislation
- Ensure the security team are able to resolve any conflicts on-site
- Organise the work and set up of Security Teams, oversee their rounds, and support the smooth running of the office
- Create lines of communication with similar companies in the sector
- Ensure that Cleaning Teams adhere to the schedule of conditions when carrying out their weekly tasks, that additional staff is in place during extension of opening hours
- Hold monthly meetings with Cleaning Team Managers
- Track on-site maintenance ensure that the quality specified is achieved on time
- Hold regular meetings with the maintenance teams to review work completed and future projects
- Produce work sheets for the maintenance department on a weekly basis
Health & Safety
- Understand the principles of fire prevention and protection
- Ensure the subcontractors are able to manage technical installations
- Ensure the Village conforms to statutory obligations in areas of prevention and protection
- Implement safety procedures and rules and adapt them to statutory obligations
- Ensure the subcontractor is able to understand and implement the main rules relating to fire safety and regulatory principles applying to the Village
- Undertake and review risk assessments as and when required
- Evaluate the performance and the conduct of the Value Retail employees in following preventive measures pertaining to health and safety diligence
- Ensure the completion and update of all risk assessments relating to the day to day running of the Village
Gardening and Landscaping
- Notify the Administration Manager Corporate, Legal & Finance of all risk assessments conducted when a third party is on-site for insurance purposes.
- Ensure that the Administration Manager Corporate, Legal & Finance is aware of any accidents that take place in the Village and provide detailed factual evidence (photographs, incident reports, accident investigation reports, RIDOR reports, CCTV footage). Submit any further information as requested by our insurers.
- Attend any loss adjustor meetings together with the Administration Manager Corporate, Legal & Finance and provide them with any assistance or information they need in order to defend a claim against Value Retail.
- Accompany Insurance Surveyors when they are conducting on-site surveys in the Village. Follow up on any recommendations that are made following the survey and report these completed actions to the Administration Manager Corporate, Legal & Finance.
- Accompany Engineering Surveyors when they are conducting 6 monthly plant and machinery equipment surveys in the Village. Follow up on any recommendations that are made following the survey and report these completed actions to the Administration Manager Corporate, Legal & Finance.
- Notify the Administration Manager Corporate, Legal & Finance of any other items that insurers may need to be aware of eg cherry pickers being used in the Mall, introduction of defibrillator machines, additional portakabins on site, new compactors, etc.
Car Parking & Traffic
- Manage the contracted gardening company and ensure that the highest quality experience for the customer is supported by the achievement of a pleasing planting scheme, whilst obtaining value
- Oversee the implementation of the planting calendar and adapt planting according to the seasons.
- Ensure that all landscaping is well maintained
Collaborations with Other Departments
- Be responsible for the overflow parking agreements and parking attendances agreement
- Create guidelines, processes and procedures for park attendants
- Supervise contractors to ensure that the car parking is directed in an efficient and effective manner, whilst also delivering a high standard of customer service
- Liaise with internal & external stakeholders on traffic management issues
- Ensure front of house traffic management presentation standards are of an exemplary standard
- Support the Retail and Marketing teams by ensuring that all events run smoothly. Ensure all associated costs to these are correctly accounted.
- Maintain constant communication and a strong partnership with the Retail team.
- Liaise with the Development Team on construction issues where appropriate.
- Maintain constant communication and a strong partnership with the Retail Development team
There's no one quite like us
- Be present at the Village, on a rota basis including early mornings and late finishes as required from Monday through to Sunday (hours to be determined), including public holidays.
- Be available out of office hours when required
The Bicester Village Shopping Collection are the worlds' leading luxury shopping destinations, and we are committed to creating magical and memorable experiences for our guests. Taking the name of the founding Village, The Bicester Village Shopping Collection distinguishes the 11 Villages in Europe and China as one collection of destinations for our guests, our brand partners, our travel and tourism partners, our corporate and financial media, and our internal teams.
La Vallée Village is part of The Bicester Village Shopping Collection® and is the 3rd most visited cultural and leisure site around Paris. What makes you special
Every colleague is an entrepreneur at heart and this drives our organisational culture, which values invention, innovation and risk taking. To be successful with us, you'll have:
We are looking for an individual who can display the following experience and skills:
Why we're exceptional
- Extensive experience in a commercial or leisure center, the hospitality business or tourism industry is essential
- Experience in leading a team mixed of employees and contractors to achieve the agreed service standard
- Proven experience in contractor management and budget management
- Able to work well with all levels across the business
- Excellent in building and maintaining relationship with internal and external parties
- Demonstrate a customer-oriented mindset
- Ability to prioritise your work to meet tight and multiple deadlines
- Able to work during opening hours from Monday to Sunday on rotation
- Fluent in English and local Village language, any other European language would be beneficial
The key to our success is the quality and commitment of our people. To work in one of the teams at any of the Villages is to play an active role in redefining both the art and the science of retail. This creates a dynamic approach that underpins our ability to anticipate future trends in a fast changing world. In return for your Authenticity, Critical Thinking, Innovation, Passion and Vision, you'll receive a generous salary, and we'll also reward you by:
Come and live your story with us
- Looking after you: You're entitled to 25 days of annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) and your birthday off, plus extra leave if you are getting married or moving. We provide above industry average life assurance cover, personal travel insurance, and flu vaccinations.
- Treating you: discounts throughout our villages, discounts with other retailers (known as My Choices) and a very generous employee referral bonus
- Championing you: you'll be working within a creative and collaborative environment like no other, with the opportunity to develop your professional and personal skills while advancing your career, locally & internationally.
- Attractive Benefits & Package
The Bicester Village Shopping Collection is made up of 1,000 colleagues of 50 nationalities. We are diverse in background, age, experience and leadership style. We believe that an inclusive workforce makes magic happen, and with this in mind we welcome everyone - regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability or ethnicity - to be a part of our family.