With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
This position is responsible for the site selection and portfolio management our frontline and outlet stores. As part of that responsibility this position will develop market planning, site analysis and evaluation, and the execution of real estate transactions to maximize the real estate portfolio. This position is responsible for all Letter of Intent negotiations, real estate committee preparations and for presenting deals to the real estate committee for its approval. This position establishes and maintains landlord/developer relationships, attends industry networking, and industry conventions. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and travels to potential markets to evaluate sites and perform analysis.
- Prepares site proposals and proforma documents.
- Negotiates Letters of Intent with developers and landlords
- Prepares deal files for Real Estate committee.
- Manages outside real estate brokers within assigned territory.
- Establishes solid developer relationships and communication.
- Provides regular updates on sites and markets to leadership while collaborating with internal business partners.
- Attends conventions; deal making conferences, and meetings.
- Improves existing real estate through relocations, expansions and renewal negotiations.
- Monitors lease negotiations and offers feedback to Real Estate Attorneys as necessary.
- Compiles, interprets, analyzes, and summarizes lease information for reporting purposes.
- Presents site proposals and pro forma documents to leaders.
- Bachelor's degree required; in finance, economics or real estate preferred
- 7+ years' experience in the retail real estate industry with proven ability to identify potential store locations as well as managing a significant lease renewal portfolio of stores for a major retailer
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with minimal supervision
- Must have extensive market knowledge of most markets in a large regional area
- Solid understanding of real estate finance
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel extensively
- Must possess strong critical/strategic thinking capabilities, and strong negotiation skills
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.