With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
The position will be responsible for initiating the mood, concept, print and color flow that support seasonal trends for the Brand. Lead the concept/trend and CAD teams in interpreting trends and partner with raw materials team to initiate the development of new fabrics and trims. Work closely with Design team to execute the seasonal concept direction, line plan style needs, margin requirements, and initial sampling needs of product. Provide expertise on unique techniques and finishing, involving trim, fabrications, and multi-process finishing techniques.
This individual will travel for retail shopping, trade shows, trend presentations and informal competitive shopping to scout for relevant style, color and trend for our Brand. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate and establish seasonal trends through visual and verbal presentations.
- Research and identify seasonal trends direction through industry shows (trend, print/pattern, fabric, market), retail, vintage and competitive shopping.
- Establish, develop and present the seasonal direction for the Brand, which will set the tone and direction of the season for all product classifications.
- Build seasonal development panels/boards by category prior to design hand off ensuring presentation drives newness to the Brand.
- Direct the Trend team in maintaining the integrity of the Brand and the customer in the design and interpretation of the key trends, including Prints, Patterns, Fabric, Trim, Color, Silhouette, and Accessories Trend inception concept to line adoption.
- Responsible for the development of Seasonal Color palettes. Coordinating development of initial standards across all fabrics and classifications. Working closely with Design, Color and PD Teams in achieving color-right standards by quality.
- Initiate seasonal color palette by fabrication for categories
- Initiate trend research and interpret what trends can be created into our product
- Manage CAD team's interpretations and variations of approved prints as the collection is being designed and developed
- Track and experience customer attitude and lifestyle by in-store visits.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Design Degree
- 7-10 years relevant experience
- Exceptional communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Strong understanding of upcoming trends, color and concepts, and how it relates to the Chico's customer
- Detail oriented; strong organizational skills
- Self-motivator and team player
- Travel as needed as it relates to department needs both domestically and internationally
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.