INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
Follow all relevant HR policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Implement activities under minimal supervision
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner
- Administer employee's attendance, leaves, vacations and overall absenteeism
- Ensure the adherence of all employees to organization's personnel rules and regulations
- Follow up with all employees concerning medical certificates for sick leaves, and out of office/absence forms
- Handle all medical insurance claims and liaise with insurance companies for employees' collections
- Issue/cancel access cards in adherence to security policies
- Prepare welcome kits for new employee orientation sessions
- Prepare absenteeism calculations for end of service settlement
- Attend to employee enquiries on company policies and procedures
- Handle and follow up on the work visa and labour contract processes
- Coordinate with the employees and the PROs
- Prepare, maintain and update the appropriate documents
- Lead the work visa and labour contract renewals
- Process the application, renewal and cancellation of all documents for labour cards, work permits and residency visas
- Schedule medical examinations for the processing of residence visas
- Update document according to expiry on the HRIMS
- Initiate, update and maintain employees' personal data on the HRMS
- Keep updated records on all new immigration and labour legislations as communicated by the PRO and the Personnel/HR Manager
- Prepare staff turnover reports (new comers, leavers, total headcount), KPI report for absenteeism.
- Update staff lists accordingly
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience in HR operations (1 to 2 years).
- Advanced Level in English and Arabic
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent Communication skills
- team player
- Ability to work under pressure
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department PEOPLE & CULTURE Role People Relations Executive