At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Specific for a product line / category, she/he is instrumental in developing the digital merchandising plan while ensuring alignment with company strategy and creative vision. She/he will manage the range and sales plans for future and current seasons focusing on the key initiatives. She/he will also be the operation lead in site optimisation activities to react to changing trading trends while ensuring digital initiatives are well represented on site.
BUYING, MERCHANDISING & TRADING
• Pre & In Market: analyse product performance in prep for market and in market, partner with regional merchandising teams on locally relevant assortment and define the depth of the products for digital with regional sign-offs, and evolve buy strategy for respective category each season
• Work closely with product merchandising team to develop merchandise strategies to drive digital growth and with regional merchants to understand & execute localised product & marketing opportunities digitally
• Partner with regional merchandising & planning to ensure the digital has the right products and inventory at the right timing & drive new trading ideas in reaction to changing trends
• Identify emerging trends in season to further unlock the commercial opportunities
• Support localisation by working closely with 6 sub regions through dynamic merchandising
• Leverage in house reporting systems to identify areas of opportunity to further grow digital business; analyse trade weekly, monthly, quarterly & yearly and report on dynamic merchandising activities to maximise sales & sell through as well as engagement
• Implement new product roll-out strategy to support key corporate product initiatives by partnering with all key stakeholders including styling teams
• Work with Digital Marketing teams for product and links in emails, connecting with SEO and wider digital marketing teams including UX on product focus
SITE MERCHANDISING & OPERATIONS
• Lead site merchandising preparation for monthly delivery launches and ensure site merchandising strategy well represented in the best commercial way and work with VM on curated pages to stay in balance between art and commerce & also ensure visual journeys through to product consistent and optimised via assets and linking for Home & Landing pages
• Work with digital operations & customer ops to ensure all key styles to be content & stock ready in time for launch to deliver strong monthly messaging and sales results
• Lead teams to ensure operational excellence while loading projects into ATG staging and checking staging & live sites across all devices (desktop/ mobile) and localised site like China
• Responsible for launching complete the look recommendations in time for monthly products launch and continuing to evolve strategy to deliver a luxury customer experience through accuracy and consistency through frequent site checks
• Work closely with content team for a smooth publishing process and technical advices/ solutions
• Manage team members with delegation/prioritisation of work to ensure they complete tasks in time and to company standards, as well as help them develop right skills required for the job
• Continue to de-risk the business by ensuring retention plan, which is essential in fast moving digital environment through inspiring and motivating junior members of the team
• Ensure strong networking across regional and corporate merchandising teams along with key digital partners
- Accuracy, great attention to detail
- Analytical, good numerical skills
- Strong excel skills
- Good Communication skills and teamwork
-Previous digital experience in related area
- Understanding of ATG platform
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || DIGITAL || NO DEPARTMENT - FDST9007 || n/a ||