Paul Smith is one of Britain’s leading independent design companies. We champion positivity, curiosity and creativity. These qualities underpin every Paul Smith design, whether it’s a shirt, a shop or a special collaboration. Reaffirming the values that Paul set down in 1970, ‘classic with a twist’ remains the guiding principle of the company. Happily positioned between high fashion and formalwear, while taking reference from both, Paul Smith has always been proud to stand apart.
Based in our London office, the Project Manager will co-ordinate and manage Retail and Wholesale projects from start to completion, including new locations, refits, refurbishments, relocations and closures. The role will work closely with the Head of Property, Senior Interior Designers and other related parties to effectively deliver projects from initial feasibility to completion.
• Carry out initial feasibility studies on proposed locations including working with designers to establish the outline scope of works, cost estimations and timescales.
• Create and issue project contact information, responsibilities schedules and initial programmes, distribute project information to the relevant parties.
• Attend project briefing meetings, collate all necessary information and build the initial project programme to set as a basis for the entire project.
• Track changes, manage budgets, identify risks, monitor progress and update the project programme accordingly communicating any changes as necessary.
• Coordinate the procurement of any ‘client direct’ items such as security systems, AV installations, back of house equipment and any direct order items where necessary.
• Ensure that all relevant health and safety requirements are identified and implemented and create the Project Operations Manual from Health and Safety Files and other information gathered during projects.
• Attend project handover meetings; create snagging lists with Designers, Architects and Contractors. Issue and follow up to conclusion.
Your Skills and Experience
• Previous Project Management experience in either a construction or Retail/Wholesale environment is essential.
• Experience of working on multiple projects of varying sizes/levels.
• Strong Microsoft Project skills and confident using other Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to provide support to a team of Designers and Managers.
• Experience in creating and maintaining project schedules, generating reports, monitoring costs and working with Quantity Surveyors, Contractors and various other Consultants.
• Ability to see a project through from commencement to completion.
• Ability to be able to read and understand construction drawings.
Who you are
• Flexible attitude and the ability to work with multiple business partners on varying projects.
• An interest in retail projects and implementation, construction methods and working on special projects as well as unusual practices.
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to work to own initiative and meet key deadlines.
• A team member who has the ability to deal with people at all levels in order to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Highly organised with exceptional prioritisation and planning skills.
What's in it for you
• A generous clothing allowance.
• Private Health Insurance with Vitality.
• Hybrid working.
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods.
• An annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus Bank Holidays.
• Pension Scheme.
• Cycle to work and travel loan schemes.
At Paul Smith, we celebrate and encourage applications from all walks of life into our growing workforce. We are committed to empowering people from any background, belief system, or ethnicity, offering an inclusive environment where talent is recognised and valued.