Maison Margiela is a Paris-based fashion house founded in 1988 by Belgian designer Martin Margiela. Celebrating unconventional aesthetics and embracing the philosophy that fashion is an art of expression rather than a cult of personality, Maison Margiela offers haute couture, ready-to-wear for women and men, contemporary line MM6, footwear, interior design, and accessories, including leather goods, fine jewelry and fragrance.
John Galliano was named Creative Director of the house in 2014, bringing his sense of spectacle and creative mastery to the unique ethos of Maison Margiela. Whilst developing his own vision for the house, John Galliano has entirely respected the Martin Margiela state of mind, creating a fascinating organic process.
In 2002, the French house became part of OTB. Along with sister brands of the group, Maison Margiela continues pushing the boundaries of modern fashion while preserving its distinctive identity and heritage.
The Merchandising Department oversees the Brand Strategy regarding both:
- Collection: Elaborates the strategic plan for all collections working closely with design & product development teams. From creating range plans, undertaking performance and competitive analysis, to ensuring that the brand DNA & commercial goals ratio is well-balanced regarding both product assortment and pricing. Overall margin responsibility
- Retail buying: Pilots the WW retail buying assortment and defines the master order selection. Ensures the Strategy and the guidelines from HQ are respected across all regions. Collects quantitative and qualitative feedbacks from all regions on sell-in/sell-out performances. Analysis of sell-out performance (weekly, monthly, seasonal).
The Merchandising assistant reports directly to the Merchandising Manager for MM6 and will be part of the Merchandising team.
- Support Merchandisers on all collections performance analysis and seasonal bestsellers analysis for all categories
- Provide sell-in end of season analysis to help define key areas of improvement for next season
- Provide concise and informative post-market analysis
- Collect post-showroom regional feedbacks (quantitative and qualitative)
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as requested by Merchandisers
- Collect sell-through reports from key wholesale partners by regions
- Work closely with Merchandisers in setting up the collection prices
- Creation and daily update of collection tools (databases, showroom tools...)
- Work on all other special projects as required by Merchandisers
- Support the merchandisers with the preparation of the buying sessions with the regional buyers (definition of the master order selection, buying reviews...)
- Conduct sell-out & best-sellers analysis as requested (weekly, monthly, seasonal)
- Support the merchandisers with the preparation of the sales calendar strategy with help of the regions
- A first experience in collection or retail merchandising within the fashion industry is a plus
- Knowledge of global market trends, with an understanding of the lifestyles and spending capacity of global luxury contemporary consumers
- Analytical and numerical skills (campaign reporting, benchmark analysis, ad-hoc analysis)
- Pro-active and able to demonstrate initiative to constantly improve the brand
- Excellent organisational and presentation skills
- Excel proficiency
- Fluent in English