We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
As Junior Legal Counsel, you will provide legal advice and support to the Tapestry EMEAI business for Coach, Kate Spade New York and Stuart Weitzman in all European markets. You will be a key member of a commercially focused, collaborative and supportive legal team, working in an exciting, varied and fast paced environment and providing high quality, practical and timely legal advice. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Draft and negotiate a range of legal documents and commercial contracts (e.g. supply of goods/services, marketing & PR contracts (including influencer agreements), NDAs, POAs and wholesale contracts).
- Provide legal advice and support to HR team on employment law issues, as and when they arise (including instructing external counsel in European jurisdictions, where necessary).
- Lead Legal contact for Store Operations team, providing support on consumer law queries and negotiation of contracts for day-to-day services required in the operation of our European stores, including review and negotiation of storage leases.
- Support the statutory accounting team with audit requests and engagement letters with professional advisers.
- Support the Customer Services team where legal advice is required.
- Manage and respond to incoming legal notices, correspondence and other legal documents from around Europe.
- Keep up to date with the regulatory landscape and provide legal support to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional project teams (including eComm, Marketing & PR, Finance, Tax, IT, Store Operations).
- Execute data protection work with support from internal privacy counsel.
- Provide required information and complete necessary paperwork required for KYC requests.
- Support Senior Manager, Legal Counsel on company secretarial matters relating to the European entities.
- Organise and maintain all legal files, ensure the precedents database is expanded and maintained and assist with other projects that strengthen legal team processes.
An outstanding professional will have...
- UK qualified solicitor, NQ - 2 years of legal experience
- Employment law experience desirable but not essential.
- Strong communication skills with desire to work closely with commercial and retail functions.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Comfortable in a varied and fast paced environment with an a bility to manage a variety of legal matters.
- Ambitious with a willingness to learn and take on responsibility.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the business and to work collaboratively with the Global legal team.
What Tapestry can offer you:
- Superior judgment, professionalism, ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, and assertiveness.
- Experience in an in-house legal department.
- Ability to be intuitive, able to anticipate needs of the business and to be proactive.
- Fluency in additional language(s) desirable but not essential .
Other benefits include:
- Hybrid working (3 days working from the office, 2 days remote)
- Option to finish early on a Friday (Flex Fridays)
- 1 Paid Volunteering Day per year and opportunities to volunteer with global projects
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Internal mobility & career progression
- Regular Social Events - Seasonal & Cultural
- Equity Inclusion & Diversity initiatives which include employee resource groups & regional inclusion council
Our Competencies for All Employees
- 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Annual Incentive Plan (company performance bonus)
- Multi brand discount up to 50% off - Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman
- Private Healthcare with health assessment (Bupa)
- Bupa rewards - Financial wellbeing support and wellness discounts
- Private Dental Cover
- Eyecare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Gym discount
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/