POSITION TITLE: Lead Application Developer Analyst - Warehouse Controls Technology and AutomationBUSINESS/ORGANIZATION: TPG - AmericasPOSITION REPORTS TO: Lead Business Analyst - Logistics LOCATION: Georgia or North Carolina ________________________________________________________________ POSITION SUMMARY:
As a senior level core team member, and in collaboration with cross-functional teams, including Warehouse Operations, Engineering and Logistics Management, this individual will contribute to the design, implementation, support and ongoing maintenance/enhancement of the PVH Warehouse Controls and RFID applications. This role may also be responsible for managing and/or leading the work performed by developers and technical resources on a full time or project by project basis.
The ideal candidate will have functional and technical implementation experience with Warehouse Control Systems and/or Warehouse Execution Systems applications as they relate to Warehouse Management solutions. Additionally, hands on experience with Machine Controls/PLC's and design of end-to-end distribution processes are foundational to this role. The individual will also be responsible for production support for all applications in the above areas of responsibility. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following: Solution Design
System Development, Testing & Delivery
- Gather, analyze, and document system solution requirements.
- Create solutions utilizing user-centric design techniques.
- Identify and effectively assess improvement opportunities in collaboration with Warehouse Operations, (productivity/efficiency gains, cost savings, etc.) as they relate to the Warehouse Controls systems.
- Evaluate new systems and technologies in collaboration with Warehouse Operations and Engineering as they relate to distribution and warehouse execution systems (Automation, RFID, Blockchain, Robotics)
- Collaborate and coordinate with Warehouse Operations, Engineering, Development, and Testing teams to leverage relevant Warehouse Controls processes and technologies for the purpose of delivering optimal solution(s) based on required business capabilities.
- Performs peer functional and solution design reviews as required.
- Develop or modify complex software systems using disciplined software development processes.
- Perform application configuration & Software enhancement installation in support of solution delivery initiatives.
- Define and develop approaches for data conversion. To include the performance of the extract, load, and validation of converted data.
- Recommend testing tools and database management systems as they relate to the Warehouse Controls systems.
- Support solution testing efforts by developing test plans, preparing test environments, performing test execution, and validating test results.
- Facilitate user story creation and backlog grooming in an agile delivery environment.
- Utilize agile delivery methodologies and participate as a member of scrum teams in execution of solution delivery projects, within the PVH Project Management Office guidelines.
- Translate knowledge of software capabilities into software development/maintenance guidelines and standards. Promote adherence to compliance and documenting changes.
- Provide system support and work with DC operations team to troubleshoot issues.
- Demonstrate system proficiency and leverage subject matter expertise to perform root cause analysis and assess issue trends.
- Coordinate issue resolution with vendors and/or cross-functional teams.
- Provide timely and thorough communication regarding issue status/root cause and resolution with end-users and other key stakeholders.
- Create and maintain systems documentation.
- Develop and facilitate system training.
- Utilize query tools to write complex ad-hoc queries and operational reports.
________________________________________________________________ QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- Under guidance from Lead Business Analysts and Sr. Director; collaborate with Warehouse Operations, Engineering and Logistics Management, and proposes solutions/improvements.
- Work effectively in a self-directed manner with minimal direction from lead and/or manager.
- Lead smaller streams of work. Interfaces across all organization levels comfortably.
- Generate new ideas and influences decisions within and outside the team.
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry trends and innovative thought leadership.
- 5+ years' work experience as a Developer/Analyst with Warehouse Technology and Automation
- Specific areas of experience preferred include:
- Warehouse Automation (Machine Controls/PLC/Warehouse Control/Execution Management Systems)
- Solution Design and Development
- Configuration and Testing
- Research and triage troubleshooting tasks
- 5+ years' work experience with Visual Studio, Visual Basic or Visual C#, .NET, ASP.NET
- 5+ years' work experience - SQL, MySQL
- Experience with Developer Express a plus
- Experience working with REST APIs, XML/XSLT, and JSONs a plus
- Experience with Postman and API Management tools a plus
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems as they relate to integration with Warehouse Automation systems, knowledge of Manhattan iSeries, WMOS, and/or WM Active a plus
- Experience with RFID Supply Chain Use Cases a plus
- Experience with Change Management and Issue reporting on Service Now (SNOW)
- Experience with operating in a Global business and working within a mature Technology Project Management process framework
BS in Information Systems, Computer Science Engineering or related studies preferred. Skills:
________________________________________________________________ INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:Internal:
- Functional & Technical knowledge of Warehouse Controls, Technology and Automation Systems
- Understanding of Relational Databases and SQL query fundamentals to support required data analysis
- Understanding of Network Infrastructure; Ethernet, Data Highway Plus
- Understanding of Distribution Center and Logistics processes
- Ability to work with Technology and Operations personnel in a Distribution Center environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of testing concepts
- Ability to write test scripts, coordinate testing steps with partnering teams, and track issues to resolution
- Understanding of Agile / Scrum Methodologies; Epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, definition of done, etc.
- Diagnose if reported issues are code bugs, user error, or configuration errors
- Ability to create playbooks for Helpdesk support users to follow
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong documentation skills, attention to detail and follow up
- Team player with strong collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
Cross-Functional IT, Warehouse Operations, Engineering and Logistics Management teams External:
Technology Vendors and Contractors ________________________________________________________________ SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Direct:
None initially Indirect:
Consultants/Vendors as directed ________________________________________________________________ BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contributor to Capital Budget development and ROI analysis and justification DECISION MAKING:
Ability to work independently with limited supervision. Support technical decisions in application development as needed. RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY:
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks/projects at one time
- Requires strong communication skills and the ability to foster teamwork across multiple groups and/or regions
- Creative problem solver who can negotiate and influence decisions
- Ability to recommend potential workarounds for issues, to maintain business continuity
- Focus is on Warehouse Controls, Technology and Automation
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Off-Hours support required
- Travel required to North America DC's and New Jersey Corporate Offices
- Hybrid, with a base in one of the following Distribution Centers:
- Jonesville, NC
- McDonough, GA
- Palmetto, GA
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH