Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Global Brand Communications Manager will report to the Head of Global Brand Communication supporting the execution for press and communication strategies around brand initiatives and special projects
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Support the development pf 360 communications strategies for brand initiatives including special projects, sports property sponsorships (Olympics, Tennis, Golf), philanthropic initiatives, innovation and hospitality.
• Support the execution of media outreach strategies, targets and pitching for brand initiatives that create and drive awareness through mainstream, lifestyle, fashion and consumer business and tech media; inclusive of traditional print media, broadcast, online/digital media, social and new media.
• Support the creation of key press materials and documents, including press releases, talking points, media advisories, key messages, media statements, reports, Q&As, fact sheets, backgrounders, web and social content, and competitive analysis.
• Maintain relationships with key media, including, writers, reporters, as well as broadcast producers in local, regional, and national markets.
• Oversee the management of news monitoring and reporting recaps related to brand initiatives
• Work closely with international offices on strategy, special projects, asset development and communication.
• Sustain an in-depth understanding of the media landscape, industry trends, current event and competitor's media efforts.
• Develop strong relationships within the Ralph Lauren network including Design, Advertising, Sales, Creative Services, Merchandising, Buying, Marketing and RLM
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Proven relationships with marketing and PR contacts in the fashion or luxury industry
• Ability to manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Productive thinker, solution oriented