The Designer I will work with the Senior Design Director of Sport Bras's to deliver original concepts through trend research, technologically and materials. They will be responsible for development of Calvin Klein Sport Bra's in line with company/label directives. They should collaborate with cross-functional partners on the fit and execution of all products as well as work closely with merchandising partners to understand customer needs and drive sales.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
__________________________________________________________________ QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- Design trend right, saleable product to drive sales applicable to sport bras
- Supervise fittings from first prototypes to samples ensuring design aesthetic and overall garment quality
- Partner with technical design in the creation of tech packs as well as during fit sessions
- Prepare development packages
- Ensure calendar deadline achievement in collaboration.
- Research the market and trend services to keep designs trend correct.
- Collaborate with the performance team to design any sports bras that link up to larger programs.
- Work with sourcing team to execute high quality products within calendar timelines.
- Enter proto tech packs as well as color into Centric PLM.
- Follow up on all preproduction details: color, fabric, and trim; to ensure consistent high quality.
3-5 years of related underwear design experience Education:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Skills:
- Focus on sport bras
- Must be technically skilled and capable to make all aesthetic comments during fit sessions
- Centric / PLM experience - create and maintain design packages
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent color matching skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat or other related technical experience
Daily decisions regarding production issues: color, fabric, trim approvals; these decisions affect the overall quality and outcome of the product. Collaborate with design director on design and direction of the product needed for each delivery to drive sales. Advise technical design team on design vision for fit of all products. RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY:
Create and maintain Web PDM design packages for all products. Able to design and handle multiple seasons at one time. Maintain consistent high quality of product from season to season, vendor to vendor. Flexible in designs to meet sales needs while still providing newness to products. Willing to make changes as needed to meet changing business needs. Must be very organized and detailed to effectively follow up on preproduction approvals. Highly creative in design to provide newness and drive sales while maintaining the correct technical approach.
Pay Range: $70,000 - $95,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH