Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children's, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living and Chaps, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. Ralph Lauren's Technology group is focused on building & leveraging high-quality technology solutions to enhance business & digitization opportunities across channels and geographies. The Sr. Engineer, reports to the Manager, Infrastructure Delivery and will form part of a global technology authority. We're looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a highly respected organisation to work as part of a team to assure and deliver server technologies for a range of projects and BAU operations. The successful candidate will lead complex solution delivery for IT projects, working with in-house development teams and/or third parties to design, develop and implement infrastructure solutions. They lead on their own group of technologies and support in delivering the strategic roadmap for their technology area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Ensures the team delivers consistent, high-quality practices and standards
* Ensures proactive and reactive management of operational incidents, problems and changes
* Acts as point of authority for fault management, technical direction and/or strategy
* Monitors and interprets team and system performance, identifying and implementing improvement
* The successful candidate will interface with Business Team(s) to capture, understand and define their technical requirements, then design and execute appropriate solutions to meet those requirements.
* Effective delivery into projects with tight deadlines, embedding yourself within the project team to ensure successful delivery
* A successful candidate must have strong process, project management and communication skills.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Experience of the following technologies with the aptitude to take on the development and support of new technologies and vendors: -
* Creating/removing/increasing logical volume and file systems as per requirement.
* Adding/Removing and Lun and Volume Group
* Activities such as Mirroring /Unmirror Volume group and logical volume, data migration, disk path enable, changing attributes of VG and LV, recovering corrupted file systems, troubleshooting etc...
* Mounting/Unmounting Network and local file systems as per requirement
* Technology Level/Service Pack,fixes, maintenance level up gradation.
* Migration & up gradation of operating systems.
* Resources and hardware firmware upgrade.
* Installing/configuring new RPMs /fielsets as per apps & DB team request.
* Working with hardware vendor, to analyze RCA and replacing faulty hardware components.
* Installing/configuring/upgrading drivers for devices.
* Adding/moving/Removing resources such as CPU,Memory and I/O device dynamically
* Helping and Coordinating with onsite team for any hardware changes.
* Planning and testing fail over and fall back resource group as needed .
* Adding/removing/Extending logical volume, filesystems in the powerHA cluster.
* Configuring and troubleshooting HACMP cluster related issues.
* Migration/upgrade of HACMP Cluster.
* VIO server Fix Pack up gradation, migration, mirroring rootvg.
* Physical to Virtual device mapping such as Virtual Fibre channel,hard disk, DVD drive, media library etc
* Adding/removing Virtual LAN and Virtual adapters dynamically.
* Configuring/Troubleshooting VIO server related issues...
* Creating/Modifying LPP & SPOT resources for AIX/Linux Operating system.
* Performing OS migration using NIM Alt disk install method.
* Configuring/Troubleshooting NIM server related issues...
* Planning and configuring AIX & VIO mksysb backup if required The ideal candidate should also have an understanding, and ideally experience of: -
* Cloud infrastructures, Hybrid deployments and the concept of Software Defined Data Centre.
* DB technologies (Oracle and SQL) in a virtual and physical presentation
* Good knowledge on NPIV concepts on VIO environment.
* Good knowledge on EMC and hitachi storage concepts
* Good knowledge on powerpath configuration and device management
* Adding and removing powerpath disks on EMC storage. As the ideal candidate you will possess experience of 24/7 operations in a similar sized organisation. You will have specialist knowledge of the above technologies and experience of the following experience: -
* Operational experience of large multi-technology environments to a demanding enterprise retail business
* Extensive experience in operational management including process management, pre-emptive maintenance and Prob/Inc/Change management.
* A globally distributed delivery function, global accounts and accompanying service support models
* Complex multi-vendor solution management and a mixed service support model utilising In-house, and external 3rd parties
* Independent research on the capability of technology or domain platforms including cost, license structure, benefits and considerations
* Understanding & ensuring application dependencies are documented and dealt with appropriately.
* Multiple years of experience with Unix. AIX & Linux Server Administration
* Multiple years of experience with AWS