Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Technical Designer is responsible and accountable for approving well fitting, properly constructed garments that are consistent between factories. Approvals must meet our RL standards and design intent. In order to meet these goals, the Technical Designer must ensure all tools are created, maintained, and distributed globally, enabling our "Closer to Needle Point" strategy. The Technical Designer is self-directed, but able to manage up as necessary. The Technical Designer is organized and able to independently prioritize workload. Both Technical Design and Senior Technical Design report into the Technical Design Lead
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Foster open and collaborative communication with Design, PMT and Merch teams. · Receive and prepare all proto/fit garments for review with Design/PMT for details/fit approvals. · Schedule and lead in house fit sessions with cross functional team members and global partners. · Possess a good understanding of patternmaking and be able to accurately communicate pattern corrections. · Enter fit comments into PLM with product pictures/dates in a timely fashion according to brand calendars and deadlines. · Add/update construction detail sketches as needed via the use of Adobe Illustrator. · Confirm all grade rules are correct in the tech pack to produce compliant product for fit in each size. · Complete all data in PLM to enable accurate/on time tracking reports as well as enable leadership to aggregate correct data. · Attend virtual fittings and partner with global teams to develop a flexible work life balance while meeting all deadlines. · Drive a "closer to needle point" strategy, challenging if something needs to be fit in NY or handled offshore. · Procure and provide all required materials for 3D digital asset creation and be able to build and work with 3D assets. · Maintain an accurate global contact list and distribute to all global business partners at the beginning of a Super season. · Support tech pack creation by maintaining and globally distributing all simplification tools (fold manuals, block body spreadsheets, etc....) prior to every super season. · Maintain and distribute all tools necessary for Pre-production approval to offshore Technical Design Team and the Quality Assurance Team. · Support the supplier calibration and certification process for supplier driven fit approvals. · Collaborate with the offshore Tech Design Team, creating one universal, global way of working utilizing email, phone and video conferencing tools.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
* Degree or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design or equivalent work experience preferred
* Experience in apparel related role
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and ability manage competing priorities.
* A sense of urgency and attention to detail
* Ability to proactively problem solve
* Knowledge of 3D programs a must
* Adobe Illustrator sketching a must Computer Skills: Gerber, PLM, Browzwear, Adobe Illustrator, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word
*Please note that an on site fit test will be required as part of the interview process #LI-CE1