Explore the possibilities across our global house of brands. Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story. At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible. Primary Purpose:
Management of European and UK Store Construction projects. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to:
The accomplished individual will be:
- Take Ownership and Management of small to medium sized new store projects, enhancements, fixture drops and roll out projects from inception to completion.
- Assist managers in the successful delivery of large scale projects.
- Work in Direct and Wholesale retail markets and with Distributor operators globally.
- Manage projects globally (Asia, ANZ, UAE) as well as EU and UK.
- Attend property owner (landlord), meetings to fully understand site conditions, fit-out requirements, local codes, building conditions, timelines, approvals, etc.
- Consolidate detailed site survey package from vendors for Tapestry Architecture team to be able to accurately design each project.
- Develop critical path and timeline for each project with Microsoft Project.
- Forecast, track, and manage project budgets.
- Exercise project tendering/bidding process from various contractors/vendors.
- Consolidate cost evaluation, invoices into summary for each project.
- Manage millwork deliveries in conjunction with Tapestry supply Chain/Production team.
- Negotiate with each vendor/contractor to meet financial goals.
- Coordinate with architects/contractors to execute store design from NY.
- Review construction fit-out drawings & fixture shop drawings from contractor/vendors.
- Produce weekly status report on all projects, track all project stages from landlord's feedback, design development, material orders, vendors/contractors progress.
- Provide site inspections for ongoing projects, produce punch lists both during and at the time of completion of each project, produce Post Occupancy Evaluation.
- Conclude budgetary close-out of projects within acceptable time-frames (90 Days).
- Execution and follow-up on all construction/manufacturing warranties.
- Assist Store Operations and Wholesale in small maintenance projects, and provide technical support.
- Assist the PM/SPM in developing and maintain historical construction cost data specific to region.
- Work on ad-hoc projects as and when needed.
- Frequent travel throughout Europe.
An outstanding professional will have:
- Role holder must be based in London.
- A minimum 1-3 years Retail Construction experience.
- Highly organized, analytical and decisive.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
- Strong communication and prioritization skills.
- Protect brand integrity.
- Strategic Thinking & Influence.
- Initiative & Getting Things Done.
- Analysis, Decision Making & Problem Solving.
- Adaptability & Flexibility.
- Teamwork & Team Leadership (ability to work independently as well as part of a team).
- Strong code of ethics.
- Supporting a positive team environment.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 3 - 5 years' experience in the field of retail construction and fit-out management (retail projects/store opening experience is a must), retail fixture development, architecture and building/construction.
- Require extensive knowledge on CAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ideally have language skills in Spanish, French.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance : Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/