We are looking for an experienced Photographer/Retoucher to join our Photo Studio team at Next! You will be part of an amazing team of in-house retouchers working as one team, to deliver high quality imagery for the Next family of websites. You will also be responsible for photographing product in a still life setting to replicate the environment of a variety of model settings. This is an extremely fast paced role that covers all our in-house retouching teams and studios, to maintain Next's vision and creative beliefs. It is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is creative and proactive who wants to become an integral part of the photo studio.About the role
- To photograph product on a mannequin or model, replicating the existing lighting and angles of multiple model edits to provide the retouching team with the most realistic of assets. These will be used by the retouching team to comp over the top of the pre shot high end imagery.
- To retouch both Model and Still Life imagery to the highest quality for the Next customer aligned to our brand principles and creative direction
- This role demands a strong team player with excellent photography skills, comprehensive knowledge of studio lighting and an advanced level of retouching ability, particularly pertaining to compositing imagery.
- You will be a focused, driven, hard-working individual that has the maturity and empathy to take direction well
- You must be able to remain calm and professional while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude
- You will be able to identify with the ever changing requirements of a large studio team
- It is vital to build and maintain strong relationships with your Team Lead and other team members
About you You will have:
- Maintain the highest level of quality and consistent output of imagery that is complementary to the creative direction of the studio.
- Work closely with the relevant retouchers and shoot teams to ensure the best possible images are captured in the most efficient way and suggest alternatives
- To work collaboratively with the other retouchers within the studio and promote a positive team dynamic
- Maintain constant awareness of new techniques/processes to enhance the retouch workflow
- Communicate effectively with your Team Lead to establish clear, recognizable and achievable goals
You will be:
- A proven experience of retouching both E-commerce and marketing imagery, including a solid photography & retouching portfolio demonstrating strong image retouching practices with excellent skin and product retouch techniques
- An expert understanding of photography and an advanced studio lighting skillset.
- Experience in E-commerce Fashion Studio photography is essential.
- Extremely high competence of using the latest Adobe & CaptureOne software
- High competence using MAC Operating systems.
- An ability to interpret a retouching and photography brief with a commercial understanding and brand awareness
- High competence in accurate colour correction using physical and digital swatches
- Experience working within a large creative studio environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Full UK driving licence
- Forward thinking, innovative & proactive in approach of all projects
- A strong communicator and listener.
- Superior in planning, workload management and organisation.
- Comfortable with a highly pressured and rapidly changing environment
- Flexible and able to work at other Next studios, external studios and on location when required
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking