As a Apparel Developer, your core responsibilities would be to ensure On's products meet consumer expectations in terms of aesthetics, functionality, & performance.
This is your opportunity to become part of the world's fastest growing sports company. Shoes are not the only product and supply chain landscape disrupted by On, but also apparel and accessories. As the Sourcing Developer, you are responsible for ensuring the developments are executed on-time & in-line with On's seasonal development calendars. As a member of the globally integrated supply chain team and cross-functional apparel organization, you will be based in Zurich with frequent travel within Asia, EU & to our key factory partners.
- Monitor seasonal calendars & ensure styles are buy-ready & on time to meet deliveries.
- Ensure that the products developed are production-ready, and work with vendors to mitigate any risks.
- Ensure clear and consistent communication between apparel development teams at Headquarters and the team in Hanoi.
- Act as a bridge between Zurich team, Asia team and the suppliers, on new technologies & applications in product development.
- Collaborate with Design & HQ teams to engineer cost effective products. Costing and margin targets for assigned product categories must be coordinated.
- Maintain good relationships with all suppliers to encourage transparent & open communication on sampling and costing efficiencies.
- At least 10 years of apparel product development experience, preferably with 5 years minimum in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic knowledge of materials & patterns.
- A degree or qualification in design or garment manufacturing is preferable.
- Deep knowledge of development and production process.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills and the ability to work with multicultural teams.
- Proficiency in English is a must.
- An entrepreneurial and open mindset, an eagerness for differentiation, and a natural push for excellence.
- Able to balance creativity with organisation and discipline in a fast-paced environment.
Meet The Team
You will be part of a dynamic cross-functional team of development, material management, quality and production in On's Sourcing Office for Apparel. The Apparel Team is growing & you will be working alongside other developers as well as the Apparel Development Lead for Asia.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.