NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners. Summary Statement:
The purpose of the Front of House Seasonal role is to engage the customer in a friendly way throughout the store, attend to their needs quickly and contribute to a modern, elevated shopping experience. They have an important role of helping ensure the right customer experience is happening on the floor, at all times. In addition, they may perform other customer service duties to support the store team, as needed. Responsibilities & Duties Drives and ensures an Excellent Customer Experience throughout the store
Makes the customer experience easy
- Personally ensures clients have been properly welcomed and greeted, acting as a personal host at store entrances, high traffic spaces in a timely manner, and takes cues from customer and connects clients with Client Advisors
- Ensures seamless transitions across service levels based on customer needs and areas of interest and that any requests/issues mentioned by the customer are immediately addressed
- Serves in different areas of the store based on business needs (covering breaks, etc.) and ensures sales associates are dynamically covering all areas/categories on that floor
Contribute to team's success
- Efficiently and graciously handles escalated issues by connecting customer with a member of the management team
- Demonstrates timely follow-through on customer requests, questions and needs.
- Support BOPIS and Curbside pickup, Alterations (online and pickups) in partnership with Operations team and Managers on duty
- Steps in as a partner to enhance and expedite the customer experience and support Fitting Room experiences when available
- Transitions customer to appropriate associate based on service needs
- Looks for opportunities to enhance the customer experience by introducing our services such as Alterations, Personalization, Food or Beverage, package carry-out or delivery, etc.
Competencies Passion for People
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Experience in customer service-oriented roles with proven ability to sell product and services
- Familiar with and able to use retail and mobile technologies
- Associates must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business need, which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays
Exhibits a high energy, positive and welcoming attitude to others
Passion for Business
- Approaches each internal/external customer interaction in the spirit of developing a trusting relationship
- Effectively listens to others, and shows respect for others' opinions
- Adapts to work effectively with others who have different communication/working styles
- Communicates with professionalism and tact
- Contributes to a positive work environment that makes work rewarding and enjoyable
- Consistently displays responsible, honest, and ethical behavior towards peers, customers, partners, vendors and others in the organization
Passion for Personal Growth
- Continually expands personal knowledge of new products, services, solutions and/or offerings, and uses that knowledge to gain internal/external customers.
- Exhibits a "can-do" attitude and willingness to take on challenges
- Works effectively and efficiently, contributing to team goals
- Prioritizes time and effectively uses resources to achieve personal goals
- Exhibits flexibility and remains calm in a changing environment
- Continuously builds skills and knowledge through training, coaching, and career experiences
- Adapts personal approach in response to diverse situations and people
- Responds to unexpected changes in work environment with creativity and resilience
- Establishes and upholds high personal standards for individual work and environment
- Maintains a customer-centric mentality versus a solely store-centric one
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.